Ba Cast Asks About Stereotypes, Prejudices...

Ferf

Registered
On the next episode of BA Cast, the bilingual show (radioledonline.com, Tuesdays, 8PM or www.bacast.com) we are having a discussion on stereotypes, prejudices, preconceptions in the expat-local, Argie-Latin America - US- UK- Europe relationships.

We want to ask you guys, what stereotypes, prejudices, preconceptions you came across, repeated, were an object of, or heard when it comes to Argentina, US, UK, Europe, cultures, your expat destination, your home country?

Some examples: "all argentines tango", "All Americans eat eggs and bacon for breakfast", "all latin americans are passionate not rational", taxista question: "how come you live in Argentina being from the "First World"?

We will read answers on the air on the next show.

Thanks!

Not sure if this is quite what you're looking for....

I was asked about Bombón Escocés which i had never heard of in my life before coming here (i'm scottish) I had one during my first visit and don't think i've bothered having another since then.

I wear cowboy boots(tejanas in Argentina)they look at me disappointed when they find out i ain't from Texas!!! I guess if you wear tejanas you must be from Texas...... there must be a law around here i'm not aware of...
In California they just thought i was some sort of redneck...... :p

I love to stereotype!

And I always pre-judge. (Who doesn't?)

That being said, after stereotyping and pre-judging, I'm willing to change my views on people, places, and things at the drop of a hat.

I am blonde haired blue eyed, and if I ever mention my Christian religion, Argentines automatically assume that I am a Mormon. This has happened multiple times.

Moron is the name of a city suburb !!!
So the people who live there are called the Morons ??? :eek:

Not sure if this is quite what you're looking for....

I was asked about Bombón Escocés which i had never heard of in my life before coming here (i'm scottish) I had one during my first visit and don't think i've bothered having another since then.
Ditto with the ducha escocesa...all those years in Edinburgh and how did I never come across one...

Back