• USA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Americas)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (Europe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I don't give a ****)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Other (Some impossibility, like Honduras or France)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

internationalguy

Registered
I know some ajoknoblauchs won't like this topic but they can just choose not to take part of this. I think we should have a thread for World Cup talk, predictions, and whatever. I'm going to start by making my first three predictions which will have a time stamp to prove I actually predicted these things.

1. Brazil will not make it to the Final

2. Portugal will not make it to round 2, it will be the US instead

3. Spain will be knocked out in the second round (sadly).

On who will win the World Cup, I voted for Other (Americas). I don't think it will be Brazil, nor Argentina. But a European never wins World Cups on this continent so what does that leave us? Uruguay? Colombia? US? Mexico? Chile?

Here are my obviously highly biased predictions:
x20XZvy.png

I can only hope the US gets knocked out early in the first round, so there's no more ink (or bytes) wasted on it here. My prediction, though, is that it will be an unprecedented logistical and political catastrophe for the Brazilians, though I hope the disorder doesn't result in fatalities or other violence.

I voted I don't give a... because I don't, but where is the Joe's polls only option?

The stat about how no european team has won outside europe is one i would like to see continue but there has only been 4 world cups in south america so i dont know how much of a significance thats going to play this time around.The south american teams are not without their problems;colombia having lost falcao to a nasty injury,argentina would have been nicely poised as potential candidates, as my reliable sources tell me his relatively average performances this season in comparison to others is partly down to him obsessed with the world cup.Having said that the midfield i think will struggle on the world stage as two key players have come to what is a dire argentine league for more game time(banega and gago),the defence is pretty much nothing to write home about - ask the italians, with what do you stand a chance of winning la copa? a fantastic back four or front four?.Uruguay are arguably in the same situation. Brazil in my opinion have the most balanced team of the lot. Belguim ejcot , have got themselves a golden generation but if you underestimate the importance of experience there is no more evident place to observe it than at the world cup; they havent got any, they could still go far though.

The stat about how no european team has won outside europe is one i would like to see continue but there has only been 4 world cups in south america so i dont know how much of a significance thats going to play this time around.The south american teams are not without their problems;colombia having lost falcao to a nasty injury,argentina would have been nicely poised as potential candidates, as my reliable sources tell me his relatively average performances this season in comparison to others is partly down to him obsessed with the world cup.Having said that the midfield i think will struggle on the world stage as two key players have come to what is a dire argentine league for more game time(banega and gago),the defence is pretty much nothing to write home about - ask the italians, with what do you stand a chance of winning la copa? a fantastic back four or front four?.Uruguay are arguably in the same situation. Brazil in my opinion have the most balanced team of the lot. Belguim ejcot , have got themselves a golden generation but if you underestimate the importance of experience there is no more evident place to observe it than at the world cup; they havent got any, they could still go far though.

You're forgetting it's all one continent and 2 world cups in Mexico and one in the US all yielded Americas champions. That makes 7, not 4.

Back