Ba Health Insurance And Dentist Recommendation?

tesstafarian

Registered
Hi Everyone,

2 questions for you (I searched some past posts and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for):

1). Is purchasing a local health plan worth the cost? I realize public care is free (but can be sketchy/untimely) and you can pay out of pocket at private hospitals. I don't see the doc very often (knock on wood) and would only need medical care in the event of a serious accident or if I came down with a crazy illness. In these situations would it be better to just pay out of pocket? Could a serious car accident w/out health insurance put me in debt for the rest of my life (as it would in the U.S.)?
  • Which insurance offers the best plans?
  • Any in-home doctors you recommend?
2). Does anyone have a dentist recommendation in Palermo or Recoleta? (simply need a teeth cleaning).

Thanks in advance!

Swiss Medical has great options. From basic to very complete plans. I like their service very much. My plan has no copays and no out of pocket expenses but if you want something more reasonable they have plans that have stuff like 30 pesos copays or something like that, They have a very complete medical center on pueyrredon and santa fe that can pretty much deal with anything. There's also a dental center accross the street. You also get some discounts around town with the insurance card and it's just good knowing you're covered just in case. About going in debt, well, it wouldn't cost you anything to get public healthcare in case of an accident or big illness but you will be taking chances (you might get reasonable care or you might not, who knows). Even in private hospitals the prices are nowhere near what they are back home.

If you're interested in Swiss Medical PM me. I'll give you the number of the agent that signed me up. She's really nice (also a doctor). They only need a passport and they will hook you up with whatever you need.

Back