BA Police station to assist world travellers / multiple languages spoken

Jvanka

Registered
Buenos Aires Police station tourist friendly.
Tel.: 4346-5748
toll free 0800-9995000

...The station counts with 30 police-team and they speak other languages to assist any world traveler.

If you ever visited them please share your experience. Thanks!

Then "lo lamentamos, pero va ser muy dificil agarrar a estos ladrones" will become "we are sorry, but it will be difficult to catch those delinquents".

Great improvement !

Well, at least maybe they can help with police reports for victims to file with their insurance companies back home.

None of the 6 or 7 people there spoke English when I popped in a couple of years ago.

pauper said:
None of the 6 or 7 people there spoke English when I popped in a couple of years ago.

Were they at least friendly?

Ive found them to be wonderful, always someone there who speaks English, open 24 hrs but their official translators are only there till 9pm or something like that. They have accompanied people in distress, they are friendly and helpful (especially to foreign women who they seem to have a good 'strike' rate with too - at least the one I was talking to at some distant police station once). So now, you can be told "we are sorry, but it will be difficult to catch those delinquents" with a friendly smile :)

This place has been here for years, i went there in january 2007 when my passport was pickpocketed, and they sent me to another cop shop on la valle to file a report as they couldnt do it.. or couldnt be bothered..

Whenever I go to a police station, there is usually at least one person there who speaks decent english.

igor said:
Were they at least friendly?

They were at least curious, basically it looked like none of them had anything to do so at least it was a diversion for them. I had to ask them if it was the right place and I double checked the sign again when I left.

Back