Ba Secret World Of Dining By Way Of The N.y.times.

D.B. Cooper

Registered
Close door restaurants in BA,... Anybody have any experience with these ??? Not sure here if it's worth a try.
They're very common in Havana,Cuba.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/travel/in-buenos-aires-a-secret-world-of-dining.html?src=dayp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=c-column-above-moth-fixed-region&region=c-column-above-moth-fixed-region&WT.nav=c-column-above-moth-fixed-region&_r=0

There are several that are recommended on the forum, do a search for closed door. I have also found that thru casa saltshakers blog he has a list of many closed door restaurants from all around the world. Im not sure how current it is though.

I have never been. Interesting but I don't like having them tell me what I must eat.

I have never been. Interesting but I don't like having them tell me what I must eat.

They don't tell you what to eat. They usually have a single tasting menu that you know in advance, and can decide whether it interests you or not. Some, such as Saltshaker, can accommodate certain dietary restrictions (full disclosure: Saltshaker chef is a personal friend, though I have always paid full price on the several times I have gone there).

Tried of eating steak, chicken or pizza, then try Cocina Sunae, a Thai and Filipino restaurant. It is my favorite closed door restaurant.
Reasonable, always great food and a fun evening. Looking forward to eating there again when I return to Buenos Aires

If you search this site, there are several threads discussing these at length.
There are several very good ones, well worth going to.
I am a Casa Felix man, myself.

Tried of eating steak, chicken or pizza, then try Cocina Sunae, a Thai and Filipino restaurant. It is my favorite closed door restaurant.
[font=Helvetica Neue']Reasonable, always great food and a fun evening. Looking forward to eating there again when I return to Buenos Aires [/font]

I was only considering going, but the BOLD FONT HAS ABsoluTELY conVINCED mE

If you search this site, there are several threads discussing these at length.
There are several very good ones, well worth going to.
I am a Casa Felix man, myself.

A fine choice for fish.

They've been around and known for a while now, not really much of a secret. They also aren't your parents, they set a menu and if you don't want to eat a course you can skip it, or make reservations at a standard restaurant instead. It's usually a very small number of people so imagine having a dinner party at your house and then having your guests show up and tell you they want you to cook them something different :) then you can understand their likely responses better..

Someone had the genius idea to take this to the next level and invented CookApp, where you can be the host or the guest, your choice.
Personally I wouldn't trust disclosing my address and open my house to perfect strangers, but I don't see myself buying cookware and rent a place just to offer meals once a week, either.

Back