Baby Items For Sale

alexandraeason

Registered
Hello All,
We are sadly leaving the country and have several baby/toddler items for sale. please see link if interested. thanks!

https://picasaweb.google.com/atsalas/CabreraBabyItems?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCI6DlcW-l_fvYA&feat=directlink

Hello Alexandra, I'm interested: the crib, baby carrier and diaper bag. I've sent you PM. Thanks!

I am always surprised to see the expats selling their old baby stuff. Seems to me there are so many less privileged around town with babies you could easily donate. Since you are so sad about leaving why not leave something nice. As they say... kick it forward. Ciao.

I am always surprised to see the expats selling their old baby stuff. Seems to me there are so many less privileged around town with babies you could easily donate. Since you are so sad about leaving why not leave something nice. As they say... kick it forward. Ciao.

Can these types of posts not please be deleted? They serve no purpose and belong in the trolling category. Get off your high horse. Or better yet, stay on it and ride over to Salvation Army or your nearest church this afternoon to donate a few of your own things. Many expats (both buyers and sellers) find these sales very useful, and I'm sure that more than just a few of them donate what's left over, which is more than anyone is asking them to do.

I donate a lot, specially to the Hospital Fernandez right across my house. However, having babies it's really expensive and selling or buying 2nd hand stuff help evebody as well.

A lot of the "less privileged" people around town happen to be we expats -- as in, perhaps we're not privileged enough to have a visit home anytime soon and we don't want to pay 5x the price for the item as it would cost here.

CHE -- I guess you don't have kids or you'd understand baby things are EXTREMELY expensive in Buenos Aires and therefore it is always always appreciated when someone on the list has a few of their items for sale. And believe me, most parents on this list do give away a tonne of stuff; but just as they would do if they were back in their home countries, there are big ticket items for which one would like to at least try to recuperate some of the cost. It's ridiculously common to see strollers, pack'n'plays, swings, carriers, bathtubs, cribs, and the like on sale on craigslist back in the USA, why should people not be allowed to at least try and do the same thing here?

If you ever have a kid down here, please let the entire list know. That way we can be sure to tell you that no, you're too privileged to be allowed to buy anything from us second hand, and to please go pay full price in the local shops.

Our child was born at Swiss Medical May 2010. He is now 2.5. Never bought a used thing from anyone here and don't plan on it.

Donated the Chicco baby holder that went over my neck to a neighbor just last week. I think it cost around $150-$200. Expensive yes and felt great donating.

As for things being 5x more expensive here, even more of a reason to donate since you would be making a contribution that is that much more valuable to a recipient less privileged than you. The logic that an expat living here is somehow less privileged because things may be less expensive in a home country is really pathetic, but not unexpected from the crybabies on this thread.

We only buy cloths at Baby Cotton. Donate it all when done. Still have high chair that he is now off as of about a week. Can't wait to find another needy neighbor.

Kind of funny actually that some here find it distasteful to suggest donating. And others just presume we do not have children. Seems like there are plenty of babies posting right here.

Since this particular poster claims to be so sad about leaving doing something nice may mitigate her sorrow. Pay it forward... it comes back in spades.

On the other hand if the poster and the rest of the folks here need to re coup some pennies then so be it. Your reaction and defensive position to my suggestion says plenty about you.

Suerte.

Che, if donating isn't making you wince, maybe you're simply not donating enough and it's just crumbs from the table. Why don't you donate something that really made a hole in your pocket when you bought it. Then you'll have a right to feel proud about yourself...stop judging everyone here without knowing their circumstances!

Che, if donating isn't making you wince, maybe you're simply not donating enough and it's just crumbs from the table. Why don't you donate something that really made a hole in your pocket when you bought it. Then you'll have a right to feel proud about yourself...stop judging everyone here without knowing their circumstances!
good idea

We only buy cloths at Baby Cotton.

And this comment says plenty about you, too. Would you assume that just because we're expats we have enough money to buy 500 peso outfits for our children? If this is your standard baby shop, then I understand why you can't fathom not just handing all your stuff over to the next person. All I have to say is that I'm 6.5 months pregnant and have benefitted greatly from the used items sales. Thank you, and may they continue...

Back