Baby Passport Needed To Travel?

adelaide-rob

Registered
Hi all im Australian citizen my wife Argentinian our baby was born here 4 months ago what is needed for our baby to fly to Australia ie passport needed or dni? for holidays in 4 -5 weeks time cheers

the child cannot travel without a passport.
in the 1980s children could travel on the mother's passport. not anymore.

if the child is traveling with an Argentine passport, you will also need to prove in the check in that you are the legal parents of the child (birth certificate?)

An Argentine Passport needed if the baby was born here and if only one of the parents is travelling , a power of attorney signed by one parent authorizing that the baby is allowed to travel with the other parent.

An original birth certificate is also required

You probably also need an Australian passport as the baby is an Australian citizen as well.

With our daughter, we are required to leave Argentina on her Argentine passport and enter the US on her US passport. Plus, no need to worry about visas.

Go with the Argentine passport Rob, and get your application in a.s.a.p, like today!

Unless you have already applied for Australian citizenship by descent for your baby, 4-5 weeks is not enough time to process the application. If you have any queries contact the Australian Embassy in B.A. Dual nationality is the way to go these days, plus it will give your child a world of choice in the future. Just be aware that if there are any existing prerequisites in the country of permanent domicile (military servce etc) they will take presedence over the alternate citizenship. Was a migration agent in a past life so I know my stuff.

Have a great holiday.

Back