back in the USA... ahhhhh

arty

Registered
had to come back to the USA for a little bit. my gf decided to attack a telephone pole with her car so we are sorting that out now.

but I have to say, it is nice to come back.. granted I can't walk down the street with a beer but at least people drive between the lines in the road and I'm not worried about getting pick pocketed or getting the gringo prices.

I'll be back in a month, if anyone wants me to pick up some stuff, send me a pm. I will be shopping at these places-
wal-mart
target
stop and shop

if you want something special, like body shop body butter, we can talk about it.

Sad, but Wal-Mart is among the first places I hit up as well...

I just stare in awe at the snack food section... and buy (and consume) Tostitos chips in massive quantities.

Enjoy your time in the USA.

I recently had a cab ride with a cabbie who spoke English reasonable well. He has been working in Maine for three years. He is back because his father is sick. He likes the US much better than BA.

arty said:
granted I can't walk down the street with a beer but at least people drive between the lines in the road and I'm not worried about getting pick pocketed or getting the gringo prices.

Yeah, but I bet that that you can have a beer in a restaurant on election days, unlike here where they close that sort of thing down...

I think they close for one day.....but if you are clued up you can go to the supermarket and buy what you want in the drinkie department......a bit draconian
but if need the stuff that bad you find a way...and go to a mates place for a pleasant evening on the piss!!!..suppose you are on about freedom of choice...
think lots of place in usa have draconian rules about drinking in public....don't you have to be over 21 to legally drink there???..no se...suerte

Lee said:
Hi Arty,

Just wondering...besides the more "orderly" driving conditions and obviously more copious consumer choices...what is your over all "feeling" about being back in that environment?

Will you miss it when you return here or will coming back here be like "coming home"? Just wondering as I know the answer is different for each individual but always interesting to hear.

Sorry to hear about the car accident but enjoy the rest of your visit!

Thanks for the offer to bring back items bty. :)

I've been thinking about how to answer this and I'm really not sure how to describe the feeling I have. This is actually the 2nd time I've "come home" I left my town when I was 18 and came back when I was 31 and this time it has been a year and it's kinda the same feeling. It's nice to know where everything is and I can count on places being open when I need to go to them. Of course it's also nice to be able to buy all my food stuffs at one place. But there are small things I like more in B.A. like being able to drink a beer while walking down the side walk or in a park and not have to hide it. Each place has its pros and cons, but I know B.A. will not be a perminate place to live. I really don't care for the level of corruption that takes place in latin america and doing business in B.A. is near impossible. There is no work ethic and it seems anyone you do business with will sooner or later screw you over. There is no thought about any long term business, and I know this is from years of gov't oppression. It sucks when you have ideas and want to work, but you just can't.

Are you still in the US? I'd like to make a request please!

Can you bring me some dried chilis? ancho, chipotle, & pasillo.
If you can only bring one, the anchos please.

Please? Thank you!

Back