Bacon..where to get it?

Neil

Registered
Anyone know where I can find bacon..I see pancetta..etc..but no cured bacon..?:mad:

Jumbo. They have some good thick sliced bacon. But I think they still call it pancetta.

There is a little market on Juncal between Oro and Godoy Cruz that has fabulous bacon...you can tell them how thick or thin you want it.

I saw some inside the deli counter last time I was in a DISCO. (Maybe the one on Uriburu near Arenales in Recoleta, but I'm not sure.)

Lots and lots, bulk behind deli counter + already packaged in coolers....

Bacon as we know it is hard to find. Look for panceta ahumada, which is smoked bacon. Panceta salada will almost kill you because it is soooo salty. The problem with the smoked bacon is that it is like ham, already cooked, so it will not fry up good and crispy like we like.

Mike

The stuff I bought at Jumbo, pretty much looked exactly like US bacon (don't know if you are looking for a different kind of bacon) & crisped up exactly the same. There was only a slight taste difference.

Maybe Neil was looking for real bacon. Lets be honest, US bacon is nothing like the real stuff we get in Ireland - Now that would be worth finding........

Liam3494 said:
Maybe Neil was looking for real bacon. Lets be honest, US bacon is nothing like the real stuff we get in Ireland - Now that would be worth finding........

That's why I said "(don't know if you are looking for a different kind of bacon)" and mentioned the stuff I found was the "US" type of bacon.

I haven't seen Canadian, Irish/UK type bacon. I don't know if I'd call that "real" bacon. ;) Just another type of bacon.

Back