Baexpats Book Club Next Meeting ! Wednesday Jan.29, 7:00Pm

Alicia karr

Registered
Hi all, just a quick reminder the BAexpat book club meets the last Wednesday of every month in Recoleta. It is free, and open to all to forum members. The January book selection is the Pulitzer Prize Winning "The Orphan Masters Son" by Adam Johnson, about life in North Korea.
This is a friendly diverse group of members of the forum. Half our meeting time is spent socializing and exchanging info and half in book discussion. By popular request and after initial success, attendees will be bringing a dish to contribute to the pot luck that will follow the book discussion part of the meeting. There is also a free optional book exchange. If you want to bring a good book that you're willing to pass on to someone you can take one that someone else has contributed.
If you want to come just post here and let me know what you'd like to bring. If you are a newcomer to the book club I'll PM you with the address and contact phone number. For purposes of meal and chair planning, if you haven't already RSVPd please do so here. And again, this is not a private club, just an ongoing activity of the BAexpats group. I welcome all new attendees and inquiries!

Hi! I can't make it this month but would love to come in the future. Is there a mailing list / forum where the book club is organised?
Gracias
Lexi

Hi Lexi. We meet every last Wednesday of the month. Usually notices are put in the "expat life forum" about the new months reading selection around the first of each month. Or you can always PM me. Cheers

I will attend and bring some WINE as before, Cornerstone of the pot luck success ? :D still looking for the book .

Kindle store, and I Bookstore both have it!
Gotcha for wine!

We'll be there, I haven't opened the book yet, but I am at the beach and promise to do so. We'll bring food and wine.
Nancy

Back