BaExpats dinner tomorrow - a few places left!

webteam

Administrator
Hey baexpats,

We are having our next dinner on the 13-10-2011 at Kita Japanese restaurant. The dinner starts at 8.30 pm.

http://www.restaurantekita.com.ar/ <- the restaurant's website

http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Kita-10246 <- guia oleo reviews

review in Clarin

This restaurant undermines the myth that you can not get a great sushi in Buenos Aires. Chef Gustavo Kitayama is also experimenting with integrating japanese and argentine cousine. Basically, you should experience it yourself :)

The place has certain "restaurante a puertas cerradas" feeling - very private, relatively small, but cozy. The attendance is superb.

It is a 6 course tasting menu ( that changes weekly and uses the freshest fish and ingredients on the market) and the price is 150 pesos per person.

1. Sashimi Salad: salmon salad and flounder sashimi, accompanied by a mango vinaigrette, parsley oil, fried garlic chips and seaweed nori.
  2. Corn soup slowly cooked for more than four hours to maximize its natural sweetness / no fat.
  3. Salmon Tartar: raw salmon strips with avocado and nori.
  4. Frai Ebi Roll: Tartar sauce fried shrimp rolls with lettuce, egg yolk powder and parsley.
  5. Kita-style asado: beef cooked in a sweet and sour sauce, accompanied by fried vegetables, mashed potatos fried green onions.
  6. Tempura Ice Cream, French pastry stuffed with vanilla ice cream, accompanied by a sauce of mango and raspberry.
The restaurant is locates at Sanchez de Bustamante 1027, right off avenida Cordoba.

We still have a few seats left! Please, either RSVP here or send an email to [email protected]

Hope to see you there on Thursday!

I like to thank Igor for arranging such an incredible meal last night for the group . The meal exceeded all our expectations and was served with incredible attention by the charming hosts .

The combination of flavours and the quality of ingredients was outstanding and every course left us with a feeling for more. In particular the sopa de choclo was the best I have had anywhere. The tempura icecream at the end was the perfect ending to this spectatular meal . I cannot wait to go back!!!!

I can only join Perry in thanking Igor for organizing this night out and also, many thanks to Perry for picking this excellent restaurant. U can feel and definitely taste it that the chef cooks with lot's of passion, creativity and talent. It was an explosion of flavours, extremely fresh ingrediences in a very nice atmosphere and I will definitely come back. I believe the restaurant will be a great success and find its place in the Buenos Aires Food scene !!

Back