BAExpats Economics / Politics Coffee Meeting June 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Dólar de Cabeza: Relieving The Headaches Caused By Argentina's Dollar Controls.

1. How to get Dollars in.
2. How to get Dollars out.
3. How expats can legally exchange Dollars for Pesos or Pesos for Dollars at an exchange rate above the blue rate ($6 as of this writing) using a brokerage account.
4. Ways to get Dollars for the official exchange rate even if AFIP denies you.
5. Different ways to profit from the difference in currency exchange rates.
6. Investments you can make with USD in Argentina that pay you back in USD.

When? Tuesday June 12, 2012. 7:00PM Meet and Greet. 7:15 Discussion

Where: Pizza y Espuma, Federico Lacroze 1812, Belgrano. Intersection of Soldado de la Independencia. 5 blocks North from Subte D Station Olleros.

Note: BAExpats get 50% discount on food purchases during this meeting. Sounds like a pizza party!

RSVP: Please reply to this thread if you will be attending. We need a clear headcount for this meeting.

Hasta Pronto!

It's a great idea to meet up. For those of us who can't attend, could any of the attendees put up the summary of the discussion on here, please?

Nooo!!!! That's exactly when I teach my class... I really want to attend this meeting (it's very close to home). How long do you expect it to go?!

lucha54 said:
Nooo!!!! That's exactly when I teach my class... I really want to attend this meeting (it's very close to home). How long do you expect it to go?!

Sorry! Probably will go a couple of hours, I expect. Hope you can join us!

I'll be there. I am currently struggling with the theme of needing dollars en blanco to buy a property!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back