"bajo Mesada" (Kitchen Counter) Repair Guy Needed

Montauk_Project

Registered
I am looking for a recomendation for a repair guy for a "bajo mesada" (kitchen counter). Mine has a leak between the dash and the counter, which has caused the bottom part of the counter under the sink to become unstable from humidity.
[background=transparent]He does not have to speak English, I live in the San Telmo area. [/background]
Thanks! Ginger

You need a plumber for that leak and then a carpintero for the furniture.

The leak isn´t from the pipe, it is from a gap between the dash and the counter. I was under the impression that kitchen counter work is a speciality. If not, do you have a carpintero to recommend?

ANy handy man should be able to caulk it. It should not be a difficult repair.

Re-reading my post, I think I wasn´t clear. The whole counter is in danger of collapse because the wood base holding it up has rotten through. When you toucht the counter, the whole unit shakes. So I am looking for someone who can redo the internal structure of the counter.

Clear. You NEED a carpenter. I asked mine and he said he does not go to San Telmo. Sorry , and Good Luck !!

You could try the guy I use in San Telmo, he or one of the guys who works for him may be able to help you out, though it is hard to tell from your description whether it may be easier, and cheaper to replace the base cabinets and counter with a new unit.
His name is Alberto and his numbers are 4307-9181, and cel. 155-317-3152. If he asks you can tell him that Greg referred you.

Call Pablo at 4361 0642 or 15 6306 9273. He is a handyman that lives in San Telmo. He originally did some good upsholstery work for me , then removed a kitchen counter, hooked up my washer dryer and reconstructed the counter. He has done a few jobs for me. He is reliable and his prices are fair.

Thanks for the recomendations! The unit is in good shape, just not the base board, so I am hoping to not have to replace the whole thing.

Back