Banco Galicia: international transfer, 2 weeks and no money deducted yet?

Hi ben,

I'm still young and don't have much money yet, so this 10-15k USD is a lot for me.
Thanks for the advice, I'll make a post shouting out to residents who need pesos, and see who replies.

Hi kiwi,
Of course 10K is a lot of money, in the sense of wanting to, you know, keep it. But not in terms of difficulty of moving it around.

If you're exporting 1m, or even 500K, best do it by the book because there is way too much headache involved doing it otherwise.
For example, doing 2K at a time with someone while you build trust, is not feasible.
But moving 10-15K ought not be that a big deal as to necessitate doing only via bank.

Yes!

About taking out the money in cash, I know i can leave the country with up to 10k in dollars. Firstly, I don't really feel comfortable travelling with so much money on myself (but I guess I could if it was the only option). Secondly, I'd have to get those dollars somewhere anyhow....

I'd really just prefer to have that money show up on one of my foreign bank accounts, to not have to go through that hassle.

Back