Bank Account without DNI

The gold standard for expats (with a DNI) is to open an account and transfer money from abroad using Western Union(WU). You will get the dolar Liqui rate, which tends to be similar to the blue rate. Don't even bother doing a wire transfer from abroad. You will lose a lot of money if it works.
There are several good options for accounts. I recommend ITAU. Very good experience. If you open online it's free for 1 year. BUT without a DNI I don't see this happening.

Brubank will not open an account without a DNI. They are ok, they used to be really good, but the influx of people opening accounts in the last 6 months have rendered their systems incapable of handling requests and I have had plenty of transactions denied. You can also NOT transfer money to a Brubank account using WU.

Reactions: Moe
Transferring usd into your bank here is automatically converted to Arg. Pesos at the official (poor) rate! There are NO atms that dispense USD...! Good luck with opening an account w/out a DNI + Veraz (credit bureau) record + income from Arg.
What about a wire transfer from a BA bank, with a CBU, to a US bank that has branches in BA? I opened my Citibank account in the US, but it has BA branches. But my friend needs to wire me from his BA bank using his CBU. He asked me for my CBU, so I'm wondering if I can get one from the BA branch that will still be tied to my US account. I would normally just walk into my BA branch but I'm not there this time of year. He doesn't want to use MercadoPago, Giros, or Cobro. Any ideas? Who would know? Where should I look? Who should I talk to?

What about a wire transfer from a BA bank, with a CBU, to a US bank that has branches in BA? I opened my Citibank account in the US, but it has BA branches. But my friend needs to wire me from his BA bank using his CBU. He asked me for my CBU, so I'm wondering if I can get one from the BA branch that will still be tied to my US account. I would normally just walk into my BA branch but I'm not there this time of year. He doesn't want to use MercadoPago, Giros, or Cobro. Any ideas? Who would know? Where should I look? Who should I talk to?
No. BA account to BA account in pesos. Sure.

Thanks. I don't care whether it's in ARS or USD, I just need a way to get a CBU from Citibank I think. My friend says he needs a CBU, and for some reason either can't or doesn't want to do a SWIFT transfer, I'm guessing due to the fees. It must be free to wire from CBU to CBU.

Thanks. I don't care whether it's in ARS or USD, I just need a way to get a CBU from Citibank I think. My friend says he needs a CBU, and for some reason either can't or doesn't want to do a SWIFT transfer, I'm guessing due to the fees. It must be free to wire from CBU to CBU.
do yo u have an Argentine bank account? Your cbu is in you homebanking online.

Thanks. I don't mind whether it's in ARS or USD, I just need a way to get a CBU from Citibank I think. My friend says he needs a CBU, and for some reason either can't or doesn't want to do a SWIFT transfer, I'm guessing due to the fees. It must be free to wire from CBU to CBU I'm guessing. What do you think?

do yo u have an Argentine bank account? Your cbu is in you homebanking online.
I don't have an account that I opened in Argentinia, but my bank has branches in BA. So shouldn't they be able to give me a CBU number so I can get deposits directly from other Argentine banks?

Back