Bank notes

Wengeo

Registered
We are trying to find out if the pen we own that identifies counterfeit money will work on Bills from Argentina. The pen works on Bills that are made mostly of Cotton (US currency). Anyone know?

I bought one from the local shop here. They told me it works on both dollars and ARS. I tried it on both known good bills and it had the same reaction. Haven't tried it on a fake though. Additionally, I see the guy at the wine shop use the same pen on his customers' large bills so I'm thinking it works.

I am interested to know how large of a real problem this is. In my 64 years in the USA, I have never seen or been passed a counterfeit bill. In 12 years of owning a home in Argentina, and conducting most of my business in cash, my wife and I saw ONE counterfeit 100 peso bill. She got it exchanged for a good one, as I remember. So my total lifetime loss due to counterfeits is far below the cost of a magic pen. YMMV.

I am interested to know how large of a real problem this is. In my 64 years in the USA, I have never seen or been passed a counterfeit bill. In 12 years of owning a home in Argentina, and conducting most of my business in cash, my wife and I saw ONE counterfeit 100 peso bill. She got it exchanged for a good one, as I remember. So my total lifetime loss due to counterfeits is far below the cost of a magic pen. YMMV.

100% same. In all my years in Argentina since 2007, I have received one counterfeit bill of 100 pesos and I don't know from where.

Around three years ago a friend of mine received counterfeit 500s somewhere on calle Florida. They looked the same as regular bills but didn't have the same texture.

It used to be an almost weekly occurrence. Once I even had a pretty prestigious client pay me in fake notes. (I’m sure unbeknownst to them)
I found this out right away by trying to take a cab outside of their office and was able to go back to them with it.

to quote Bob Dylan- "I cant help it if I'm Lucky".

seems to me that maybe 1000 peso notes are worth counterfeiting, but at current exchange rates, 100s dont seem worth the work.

Back