Banks must accept torn, stained and "small face" dollar bills now

MilHojas

Registered
This is actually a very clever move by the BCRA. They are hard up for dollars and there's a ton of old bills floating around this country that cuevas scoff at that have nowhere to go. I was furious when I brought some bills from the US that was virtually uncirculated to the local car dealership down here only to have some high brow nobody come into the office, adjust their glasses and begin to point out every place a pencil grazed the dollar bill like some fine art connoisseur. There's a truly bizarre obsession down here with dollars having memorabilia like quality but without any memorabilia like age.

This is actually a very clever move by the BCRA. They are hard up for dollars and there's a ton of old bills floating around this country that cuevas scoff at that have nowhere to go. I was furious when I brought some bills from the US that was virtually uncirculated to the local car dealership down here only to have some high brow nobody come into the office, adjust their glasses and begin to point out every place a pencil grazed the dollar bill like some fine art connoisseur. There's a truly bizarre obsession down here with dollars having memorabilia like quality but without any memorabilia like age.
And then you see their scribbled-on and defaced 1000 Pesos notes that the ATM rejects :rolleyes:

And then you see their scribbled-on and defaced 1000 Pesos notes that the ATM rejects :rolleyes:
That reminds me of the peajes back in the day. If you didn't have exact change, all you could do was hold out your hand and turn your head away as the teller proceeded to give you the greasiest, illegible 10 peso bill that must have been stuck under a horses hoof for the past decade to send you on your merry way. If there's one good thing that came out of this inflation it's that finally all the disintegrating smaller bills that probably hadn't ever touched a bank can finally be replaced with some new clean bills.

Back