Basketball Or Hangouts

Osprey87

Registered
Hello everyone! :)
I'm a US citizen living in Lanus, Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have yet to meet any fellow Americans here. I would like to know some people from my own culture. Although I like the easy-going, sociable nature here in south America it would be nice to have a small group of friends to go hang out with, go to play sports with, or just to have some kind of connection to something familiar, like my own culture.
I would really like to find a group to go play Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, or Soccer with, or if someone knows any one with horses that'd be sweet too! Even an acquaintance to go walking with in the mornings would be nice.
It is almost impossible to find fellow US citizens here, probably because Lanus is a dirty, smelly, not-so-nice city to visit, and most foreigners will have never even heard of it, and also because most people are just visitors and not expats. I don't mind to go to travel a little, to palermo or some where close by lanus este, to pass time, or for a group outing.

what are you doing in Lanus!?!?!

Is ugly, dirty, can be dangerous at night, and more important than everything, its incredibly BORING!!!
Typical suburban Buenos Aires, conurbano with low middle class profile ladies of 70 years old drinking mate on the sidewalk!!

Nothing personal and not trying to offend you, but move to BsAs!!

what are you doing in Lanus!?!?!

Is ugly, dirty, can be dangerous at night, and more important than everything, its incredibly BORING!!!
Typical suburban Buenos Aires, conurbano with low middle class profile ladies of 70 years old drinking mate on the sidewalk!!

Nothing personal and not trying to offend you, but move to BsAs!!

And how would you like me to do that???? I live here with my husband and his family and we're dirt poor! we don't make enough money to move where ever we want. we can hardly afford to eat and pay our bills, and there are five of us living in one really old house with one bedroom and one bathroom.
Your telling something I already am aware of, and can do nothing about. I did not ask for someone's condescending opinion of my situation. i asked if there were any other US citizens, or at least, fluid english speakers, in Lanus, or close by, that like to hang out or play basketball, or anything, because i only know one other person besides my husband.
So, your post was a waste of my time. thanks dude.

Back