Bathroom fixtures

beetree

Registered
I am re- doing my bathroom. Can anyone recommend the best place to buy, toilet, bath ect . I have been to Blaisten a few times but they are not very friendly and seems a bit over priced.
thanks

I did the same.......I went to Blaisden which had a lot of snotty salespeople who knew nothing about design and acted like they were doing me a favor. I then went to Easy and Sodimac (which are like Loews & Home Depot) and I bought the fixtures myself and had them delivered. Took a good 5 hours to select everything, get it paid for and arrange delivery, but it cost about 40% less and dealt with normal blue collar employees who were a lot nicer than the inflated heads at Blaisden. When you go to Easy and Sodimac, make sure you go on a day that offers either a discount paying by credit / debit card or 6 - 12 cuotas without interest. You will save even more money!

The stuff at Easy is really cheap, in both senses of the word. If you are going to expect a lifespan of more than a few years out of it, I would skip Easy. Lots of Hecho in Chine there.
I hate places like Easy, Walmart, and Home Depot, and refuse to shop there except when there is no choice, myself. They have a few cheaply made things at low prices, no range of choices, and sales people who know nothing about their fields.

Blaisten is not the snooty, top end place- that would be Barugel Azuley, which has a branch across the street from Blaisten on Juan B Justo.
http://www.barugelazulay.com.ar/

Both, however, carry the complete line of the major manufacturers here, which means you can ask for, and get, the cheaper models there as well.

I dont know how many commercial plumbing supply places you have been in in the USA, but Blaisten is just like the majors I have bought from on the west coast- they do most of their business with the trade, architects, contractors, and plumbers, so they dont specialize in handholding for ordinary consumers who dont know what they want- but Blaisten has the entire range, from really basic cheap stuff, to fancy expensive, all in one place, with clearly marked prices and good stock.

There are really only a few brands in Argentina, so extensive shopping around usually doesnt help much- Blaisten and Barugel will usually have most everything there is to choose from.
Sometimes you can get a deal from a smaller, local neighborhood plumbing supply, but most times they are nicer and more convenient, but more expensive than Blaisten.
Generally, FV is the mid range, best bang for the buck brand for griferia and lavatorios.
http://www.fvsa.com/index.php
And almost every store you go into, big or small, will have FV. Makes it easy to fix, if it ever needs it, in the future, and its Industria Argentina, which I try to support.

Thank you so much for super informed information.
So much more helpful than mean people at Blaisten.
;]

I remember seeing a bunch of bathroom fixing stores near each other in villa luro or flores or some where out that way.

I bought all my bathroom items in Alberdi street which is where most of the constructors go in Buenos Aires as is supposedly the best value (much better than Easy and huge choice). It is a street full of bathroom shops, tiles, sinks, baths etc out in Flores. This site has some info http://www.todoalberdi.com.ar/index1.html

Back