BBC: Buenos Aires 7th cheapest city in world

BA is in great company. Only nice cities on that group.

These comments posted by readers express adequately my opinion re: this survey.

#94. Posted byGeorge
I wonder what the charts would look like if the criteria to determine which are the most or least expensive cities, were (using the average wage) how many hours the inhabitants have to work to purchase the commodities.

#180. Posted byDrMike
I get the feeling people are (very rightly) getting somewhat cynical about opinionated puff pieces like this masquerading as 'news'.
There is an opening in the market for any news provider which can provide unbiased, well researched, quality reporting on what is really going on around the world.

#190. Posted byJudge Dread
Expensive for whom? The residents or tourists? The benchmark measure of New York prices is meaningless as that is tied to the exchange rate of the dollar against other currencies. A pointless story when there are far more relevant issues which should be reported, which are far more relevant and will have a greater impact on normal peoples lives!!

#214. Posted byclw
Amazing that Buenos Aires is so cheap. Worth contrasting this list with the one issued by the Post Office on the most expensive and cheapest destinations for tourists.

The title of the article is misleading clickbate. It should read "the cheapest cities for expats...". They bury that detail in the article itself . Which, incidentally , half those comments posted by the 'readers' must have not a actually 'read'.

"The annual index was designed to help companies calculate cost-of-living expenses for expatriates and business travellers"

Back