BBQ in BsAs

Panini

Registered
Hey all! I made a rookie mistake last Sunday by justing going to a restaurant and expecting it to be open but it wasn't. It was listed on Guia Oleo as being open... http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Bar-BQ-9716

I guess I'll ring before next time.

Just wondering if people out there have recommendations for BBQ?? The one I've heard the most about is Kansas but I'm not sure if that's just due to the happy hour...

Cheers

Places like Kansas, Tucson (Buenos Aires Design Mall - see below) and I'm sure there are one or two more, have things like a BBQ sandwich and BBQ baby back ribs on the menu.

I think both places are not very good, Tucson being worse than Kansas, for BBQ (and most other things as well - not a fan of Tucson). Other places would be TGI Friday (Alto Palermo Shopping and Puerto Madero) and the Hard Rock (Buenos Aires Design Mall near the corner of Puerrydon and Libertador, can't remember the little street that hits Puerrydon where the mall is actually situated - behind the Recoleta Cemetary).

Hard Rock does pretty good ribs and they used to do a helluva pulled pork sandwich, but they've recently taken to cutting the pork in big chunks (I mean big chunks) and trying to make a sandwich out of that, not literally pulling the pork into strings. Hard Rock also has a BBQ beef, chicken and a mixed plate on the menu.

There's some other places that do ribs. Juana M (near 9 de Julio [really Carlos Peligrini] and Libertador, across from La Recova which goes under the freeway bridge) used to do them, don't know if they still do, and the only other place I know of that served BBQ ribs intermittently closed down.

I didn't even know of the place you linked, and I didn't know there were any BBQ places, committed to BBQ that is, in BA.

I make my own better, haven't sought them out ;)

I went to hard rock one time when I was eeexxxtremely hungover in the hope of finding a good burger. I had never been inside a hard rock cafe before because that kind style of chain restaurant doesn't appeal to me and generally seems overpriced. I was desperate and made the wrong decision by going...the burger was like something straight out a freezer, hard and dry.

I went to Cusic three weeks ago for lunch and they had ribs on the menu.....and they were really good.

I'll let ya know how Bar BQ goes!

i too like tgi friday. allthough it is often bursting at the seems, and has a long waiting list

What I wouldn't give for some good old fashioned Texas BBQ and a Shinerbock right now...

LostinBA said:
What I wouldn't give for some good old fashioned Texas BBQ and a Shinerbock right now...

The only way I've been able to choke down Quilmes these past few years is by blocking out the memory of what an ice cold Shiner Ruby Redbird is like....Thanks a lot!! :p

LostinBA said:

Damn dude, every once in awhile the feeling of homesickness hits me - and you just triggered it!

The only access I have to a grill is an Argentine-style parilla, which is ok - at least I can cook meat in something other than a skillet or oven sometimes. But I haven't slow-smoked a brisket with apple wood in more than 6 years...

And the Shiner! Ahhhhh...

I know....it hurts, doesn't it?!....personally, I could eat Goode Company every single day.... :)

Or an ice cold Ziegenbock.. I have pretty much quit drinking beer since coming here because of the crap selection of local and imported beers. Maybe a good thing..:rolleyes:

Me too. Beer here is disgusting.

hannstew said:
Or an ice cold Ziegenbock.. I have pretty much quit drinking beer since coming here because of the crap selection of local and imported beers. Maybe a good thing..:rolleyes:

Back