Because I entered Argentina to see my son, am I subject to the 90-day turista max?

Fiscal

Registered
I am looking at my passport and can't find a stamp for my latest entry (late December 2020).

Didn't you enter as a tourist? Or isn't that allowed? If another type of visa, what limits apply?

Didn't you enter as a tourist? Or isn't that allowed? If another type of visa, what limits apply?

I don't think they allow tourists to enter. I had to show my son's original birth certificate.

I don't think they allow tourists to enter. I had to show my son's original birth certificate.

This just means that they do not allow just any random tourist to enter.

What are all possible statuses of a person in Argentina??
(1) citizen;
(2) permanent resident extranjero;
(3) temporary resident extranjero;
(4) someone with precaria with pending residence application;
(5) tourist;
(6) illegal immigrant.

You are definitely not any of (1),(2),(3),(4),(6). You never applied for residence in Argentina.

Is there any other option?
This leaves you option (5), you are in tourist status.

I think I did the latter of these two:

Dirección Nacional de Migraciones
Para visita de familiar argentino (no otorga residencia) con tasa migratoria de 9.000 pesos (Decreto N° 865/19 artículo 1° inciso m).

Pasos:
a) Presentar ante la aerolínea certificado de nacimiento, matrimonio, convivencia o unión convivencial, debidamente apostillado o legalizado, que compruebe el vínculo directo con un ciudadano argentino o residente, copia del DNI argentino del familiar y reserva de pasajes
b) Presentar ante la aerolínea nota de solicitud donde se explique brevemente la necesidad de la visita, fechas de partida y regreso y lugar donde se hospedará
c) Dentro de las 48 horas previas al embarque, completar DDJJ electrónica donde debe adjuntar PCR negativo (la toma de la muestra no puede tener más de 72 horas previas al embarque) y seguro médico Covid-19
d) Presentar PCR negativo físico y seguro médico Covid-19 físico en el momento del embarque, caso contrario no podrá abordar el vuelo
e) Deberá realizar cuarentena de 7 días en el domicilio consignado en la DDJJ

I think I answered my own question b/c it also says:

En este sentido la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones otorgará de manera excepcional en base a la norma citada, un desembarco provisorio en la categoría de transitorio conforme el artículo 24 inciso (h) de la Ley N° 25.871, por un plazo de hasta NOVENTA (90) días de permanencia en el país, el cual podrá ser prorrogado.

This just means that they do not allow just any random tourist to enter.

What are all possible statuses of a person in Argentina??
(1) citizen;
(2) permanent resident extranjero;
(3) temporary resident extranjero;
(4) someone with precaria with pending residence application;
(5) tourist;
(6) illegal immigrant.

You are definitely not any of (1),(2),(3),(4),(6). You never applied for residence in Argentina.

Is there any other option?
This leaves you option (5), you are in tourist status.

Correct. Fiscal is definitely a tourist.

The rest is simply the basis for allowing him to enter as a tourist, since most tourists are at present not allowed to enter the country.

He can most likely begin the process of obtaining permanent residency in the country on the basis of having a citizen child, and if he has applied way back when he should probably be able to get a precaria on that basis alone.

But meanwhile - def a tourist.

Correct. Fiscal is definitely a tourist.

The rest is simply the basis for allowing him to enter as a tourist, since most tourists are at present not allowed to enter the country.

He can most likely begin the process of obtaining permanent residency in the country on the basis of having a citizen child, and if he has applied way back when he should probably be able to get a precaria on that basis alone.

But meanwhile - def a tourist.
No. He is in posesion informally of PR because or the AR baby. You do not need the id, facts are enogh.

No. He is in posesion informally of PR because or the AR baby. You do not need the id, facts are enogh.

This may be the case if it gets to court. It is definitely not what will happen under normal administrative process.

Back