Bed and Breakfast or Nice non-touristy hotels

RachaelHanna

Registered
Hola!!!

This is the first place I am starting, I'll do some research myself, but my Dad and Step-mom are coming to visit me in July. They are well cultured and don't like staying in normal big touristy hotels. They like the escape of a bed and breakfast or a small antique like hotel. Obviously they wanted to be comfortable, but are looking for something with character as well as a Buenos Aires flare, not fanny pack central. lol

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for reading!

Chau Chau,

Rachael

Send me a private message and I can suggest a wonderful place.

RachaelHanna said:
Hola!!!

This is the first place I am starting, I'll do some research myself, but my Dad and Step-mom are coming to visit me in July. They are well cultured and don't like staying in normal big touristy hotels. They like the escape of a bed and breakfast or a small antique like hotel. Obviously they wanted to be comfortable, but are looking for something with character as well as a Buenos Aires flare, not fanny pack central. lol

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations. It would be greatly appreciated.
</p>
I'm guessing that your folks want to stay somewhere near you so I say this with great reluctance and hesitation but....

Have you looked at the Devoto Hotel?

It's at Av. Salvador Maria del Carril 4958. Best avoided unless you are looking for an overpriced, under-featured Argentine Fawlty Towers (or, I suppose I should say Los Torres del Fawlty since, despite any impressions you might gain from their website, nobody there speaks a word of English (or German for that matter (but that's another story...))).

As far as I know, it's the only hotel, indeed the only accommodation of any sort, in the locality - and they know it too, which is why they don't need to try to please.

I have a few friends coming for Christmas so if you discover any nice, comfortable, local accommodation for your folks, please let me know too!

My favourite place is www.carlosvia.com in Abasto. I have stayed there many times and will be there again next week. It's a great boutique hotel in a non-touristy area with English speaking staff and owners. If you love tango, Abasto is the place to be with loads of tango shops, classes and milongas.

Regards

Michelle

Back