Bedbugs? ¿chinches?

PaulBee

Registered
Am I just sheltered or are there very few bed bugs in Capital Federal ? Some one once
suggested the fumigation chemicals used in Argentina may be stronger than those allowed
in, say, Canada.

Most people I know of in Toronto area have gone through the ordeal of getting rid
of bed bugs in recent years. These people mainly live in buildings with hundreds of
apartments.

Capital Federal also has many large apartment buildings, so I´m wondering why I
haven´t heard of problems ?

Never heard of bedbugs here. However, welcome to the world of cucarachas :) They are big, creepy, dirty, incredibly fast and can fly.

One month later after moving to my furnished apartment, I have discovered bed bugs. That was in April of 2014. Not a pleasant experience. All beds/blankets, etc. were thrown out. Slept on extremely uncomfortable bed until making sure there were gone. Finally bought a great mattress. Scared that some day they will be back.

One month later after moving to my furnished apartment, I have discovered bed bugs. That was in April of 2014. Not a pleasant experience. All beds/blankets, etc. were thrown out. Slept on extremely uncomfortable bed until making sure there were gone. Finally bought a great mattress. Scared that some day they will be back.
Sorry to hear about that A Speranksy ! Was the apartment a short term apartment (thus having more bodies
using the bed over time) ?

Sorry to hear about that A Speranksy ! Was the apartment a short term apartment (thus having more bodies
using the bed over time) ?

yep.At the beginning it was a short term. I am still here and liking it. When we discussed this issue with my landlords, they told me that they had a backpacker (traveled all over SA) sometimes before a Brazilian couple, which I don't think, brought the bedbugs. Maybe the bedbugs have to be dormant and then multiply to be noticed. :)

Am I just sheltered or are there very few bed bugs in Capital Federal ? Some one once
suggested the fumigation chemicals used in Argentina may be stronger than those allowed
in, say, Canada.

Most people I know of in Toronto area have gone through the ordeal of getting rid
of bed bugs in recent years. These people mainly live in buildings with hundreds of
apartments.

Capital Federal also has many large apartment buildings, so I´m wondering why I
haven´t heard of problems ?
take all the sheets (everything) to laundry store, that can help. Probably there was dog in the house before.

No bedbugs in our house,yet.
However, the neighbour decided to have a pool and a team of lads came to dig the hole.
Result:an invasion of cockroaches you wouldn't believe. They were everywhere and at one point, I feared for my life.

Several of you mention cockroaches eating bed bugs. In Yucatan, Mexico, when the house was under renovation and an earth floor exposed, many larged winged roaches would come out at night on the ground floor. It seemed to be normally an outdoor creature. I don´t know whether these are the same as Buenos Aires cock roaches, but they were easily killed by spray I bought in supermarkets. I never hear of bed bugs in Yucatan, despite many people coming from bed bug havens such as Toronto. So, it may be that the roaches eat bed bugs. That would be good as the cock roaches generally are far less problematic,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Apartment Rentals and Roommates 3
Back