Been To Isla Martin Garcia? +Can You Cross The Border There

lucha54

Registered
Has anyone been to this little island in the Delta ? I've been wanting to check it out but I'm not sure if it's too boring to spend an entire weekend and if a full-day trip only would be better... a weekend camping over there sounds kind of nice but I'd like to hear if anyone has been .

Also, can you cross into Uruguay to Isla Timoteo Dominguez to get a visa stamp? I'm guessing probably not but I'm wondering if you can pass through aduanas as if you were continuing onto Carmelo and just tell them you are crossing the border that's on the island and they'll give you a stamp in and out... anyone know anything??

I have been to Martín García several times and would recommend it as a day trip. To the best of my knowledge you cannot cross the border there.

Yeah I'm just realizing now that the "Uruguayan" part is not really land more like bayou haha. OK what about a Sat-Sun and we camp on Sat? I'm wanting to get a little in touch with nature . What do you think?

Yeah I'm just realizing now that the "Uruguayan" part is not really land more like bayou haha. OK what about a Sat-Sun and we camp on Sat? I'm wanting to get a little in touch with nature . What do you think?

That's certainly doable, but I still consider it better as a day trip.

Back