Beer Cocktail

Let

Registered
Hi, I am homesick for a nice "Irish car bomb drink", where could I go to satisfy my thrist??? PS, I am not an alcoholic, I just like to enjoy a good drink.
 

simonmigdal

Registered
HI COULD TRY SHAMROCK..i`M AN EXPAT FROM LONDON IF YOU WHAT TO HOOK UP SEND ME A LINE ..REGARDS SIMON...MAYBE WE CAN GET A FEW MORE ON BOARD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Let

BA Art

Registered
Is this still happening? I could suggest Cruzat on Sarmiento. It's more of a microbrew than anything else.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Let

steveinbsas

Registered
Let said:
Hi, I am homesick for a nice "Irish car bomb drink", where could I go to satisfy my thrist??? PS, I am not an alcoholic, I just like to enjoy a good drink.
Shamrock in Recoleta is your best bet.

It's the only bar that I've seen full of "patrons" early in the evening on a regular basis (as I walked my dog).

They must be on Dublin time.

Given the context of your post, might you have revealed less about yourself had you said you were not a terrorist (as opposed to not being an alcoholic)?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Let

Liam3494

Registered
Guessing that Let is American - We never drink that sort of concoction in Ireland :) - And we don't drink Black and Tans either!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Let

John.St

Registered
Liam3494 said:
Guessing that Let is American - We never drink that sort of concoction in Ireland :)
Talk about concoctions.
I remember entering a pub in Cork asking for a Murphy. The publican offered me a Guiness instead - the traitor! ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Let

Liam3494

Registered
Now then JS, you should have been asking for a Beamish ;)

Watched the Grand Slam game earlier this year in Down Town Matias in Recoleta, drinking Ar$30 pints of Guinness - Far too pricey, but worth it all after 61 years.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Let

Let

Registered
Thank you all for your replies! I would love to plan a night out so we can all get to know each other better. A new thread is forthcoming under "Beer Cocktail part II" All the best,
 

John.St

Registered
Liam3494 said:
Now then JS, you should have been asking for a Beamish ;)
Know Beamish but prefer Murphy's. Didn't have that option either - turned out to be one of those disgusting (singleminded :rolleyes:) pubs, which had been taken over by Guinness.

Liam3494 said:
Watched the Grand Slam game earlier this year in Down Town Matias in Recoleta, drinking Ar$30 pints of Guinness - Far too pricey, but worth it all after 61 years.
I assume you can be excused since this took place in a remote part of the world as seen from Ireland, but doesn't drinking a non-local stout normally carry the death penalty In Éire? :D - or is it only in the Gaeltachtaí ?:D
 
Top