Beginner Yoga

daisyedwards

Registered
Hi all!

I have been in Buenos Aires for two months now- I live in Palermo. I've wanted to start taking yoga classes, but I still haven't. Do any of you have any recommendations on where to go for classes? Keep in mind that I am a beginner. Also, I'm open to anyone who needs a yoga partner!

Cheers

Buena Onda Yoga offers classes for all levels (and in English!) http://buenaondayoga.squarespace.com

Is it normal for men to go to yoga here, or would I be perceived as a creep?

There is a Bikram yoga studio in Palermo, on Las Heras.
Nancy

I'm not sure because I haven't been to any classes here, but I don't think there should be any problem with it? Go for it! I don't see anything creepy about it.

I loved the pilates class at Urban Lotus (on Fitz Roy - very convenient if you are in or nearby Palermo Hollywood) and my friend tried a Vinyasa Flow class and said it was excellent. Check them out!

Is it normal for men to go to yoga here, or would I be perceived as a creep?

There are not a ton of men that go (this applies to most yoga places in my experience), but no, you will not be perceived as a creep, unless you are only going to stare at women in the class, which Im assuming is not your intention. I went on a yoga retreat in Misiones recently through buena onda yoga and I was the only guy on the retreat, and they were extremely happy to have me there. I think that they'd like to see more men in their classes, in fact.

Back