Belgian Moving To Ba

El Mayoman

Registered
Hola a todos!

25-year old Belgian guy here, and in about 2 weeks from now, I'll be moving to Buenos Aires. Found a decent-paying job there, and I'm really excited about making the move across the Atlantic! Just figured I'd register here to make some contacts - I'm a social creature (no, really?) and always love the opportunity to get to know new people. Becoming fluent in Spanish is my highest priority, so if anyone is as motivated as I am, I'd definitely love to meet up so we can practice the language together. I have a good basis already but still struggle with my conversational skills.

Also, any good tips on where to live and what to do in the city would be appreciated too! I'm staying at a hostel for the first two weeks (kindly provided by my employer), but will have to find my own place after that; since I'll be working not far from the Plaze de la República, I'd prefer something close by. Suggestions on the best barrio's to go out for a drink or some food are always welcome, of course!

Anyhow, nice to meet all of you, and thanks in advance for the help!

Bring Gueze with you. There is none here.

I figured as much, and being a beer aficionado myself, it pains me to miss out on my great Belgian beers. Then again, one of the first things I googled (go figure) was Belgian beer availability in BA, and I did immediately find a pub where they sell several of my favourite beverages. So I guess I'll survive ;)

Back