Belgrano R - So Pretty! - Lunch Spots Or Lunch Buddies?

Noruega

Registered
Sorry for the strange title, was trying to get several pieces of info in there... Today I took a class in Belgrano R, an area I do not frequent much, and I loved it! So beautiful.

I will be going there every Friday from 9 to 13 for the next five months so I would love to get some recommendations on places to have lunch. I saw a lot of nice ones on my walk to the bus but recommendations are always nice. Oh, and it would be nice to meet up with people there if anyone is interested to get together for lunch in the area. Cheers!

Noruega, you have a couple of nice options near Plaza Castelli but I feel like there really aren't many places in the heart of the real pretty part of Belgrano R. (As soon as you cross Cramer there are more options and less onda).

There is the Maru Botana cafe on Echeverria (which, though pricey, has one of the best lunches in Buenos Aires, in my opinion.) Then walking towards Cabildo away from Plaza Castelli on Echeverria, there is an old-school Spanish cafe whose name escapes me - excellent tortillas españolas. ETA: also on the Plaza is the pizza place Croxi´s. (excellent)

What classes are you taking?
It is a professional development course.

Noruega, you have a couple of nice options near Plaza Castelli but I feel like there really aren't many places in the heart of the real pretty part of Belgrano R. (As soon as you cross Cramer there are more options and less onda).

There is the Maru Botana cafe on Echeverria (which, though pricey, has one of the best lunches in Buenos Aires, in my opinion.) Then walking towards Cabildo away from Plaza Castelli on Echeverria, there is an old-school Spanish cafe whose name escapes me - excellent tortillas españolas. ETA: also on the Plaza is the pizza place Croxi´s. (excellent)
Kettle, thanks so much! These sound like good options. Looking forward to exploring the area. (Definitely taking my camera next time, such pretty trees and houses.)

I love Jolie. A nice bistro where they have an excellent breakfast!!! It's my favorite place in front of Plaza Castelli. Another option is Tea Connection.
Cheers and enjoy Belgrano R!

Isn't Contigo Peru there also! I have had nice meals there in the past but it has been a while!

I went there recently and I had pisco sour and ceviche, but it was so hard to swallow ceviche... I ate something that odd only when I went to a restaurant of the Reunion Islands in Strasburg. Too strong for my taste buds!

I love Jolie. A nice bistro where they have an excellent breakfast!!! It's my favorite place in front of Plaza Castelli. Another option is Tea Connection.
Cheers and enjoy Belgrano R!
Thanks Silwie, will try that!!

Isn't Contigo Peru there also! I have had nice meals there in the past but it has been a while!
Gracias Esteban!

Try Plaza Noruega :)
Oh. My. God. Yes!! I have always seen that on the map but thought "Oh that is far", but now I have the perfect reason! Totally making a field trip there and blogging about it. Or throw a Norwegian event there!

Back