Best banks for recieving wires in USD

Thank you very much !! I have already created a monotributo. I was told to open USD bank account in Santander afterwards. I didnt understand these 2 lines:
- Create an account with a fintech or brokerage firm here
- Fund the account with the dollars from that account

Thank you very much !! I have already created a monotributo. I was told to open USD bank account in Santander afterwards. I didnt understand these 2 lines:
- Create an account with a fintech or brokerage firm here
- Fund the account with the dollars from that account
Fintechs/Neobanks (MercadoPago, Reba, Brubank, etc.) and Brokerage firms (apparently Galicia too as I'm seeing it in Home Banking) let you buy and sell dollars via the MEP, the legal dollar that's often closest to the blue.

For example, this is what I see in Reba when I sign in:

MEP.png

What you would do is transfer the dollars from your Santander account to your MercadoPag/Reba/etc. account, tap Venta MEP, and then proceed to sell your dollars for $1,027.40 ARS each, instead of the $847.50 the BCRA/banks would pay. You can transfer the pesos back to your Santander account and use them however you want too.

This, plus all the steps mentioned previously (in conjunction with consulting with an actual accountant) is how you legally get dollars from abroad here, and pesified at close to the blue rate.

All this being said, Milei and Caputo are looking to have the cepo go away in June (or begin to) so we'll see what happens then, and it may no longer be necessary to jump through all these hoops.

Back