Best Closed Door Dinner

I really enjoyed Jueves a la Mesa (vegetarian food), if that is your kind of thing. We also loved El Tejano (Texas barbecue) and Masa Club de Tacos, I'd recommend either one!!

Didn't care much for El Tejano, but it was OK. I love SaltShaker but, full disclosure, a personal friend (though he was not the first time I went). I like Casa Félix a lot, and also Cocina Sunae for Asian food.

I vote for Felix.
Although Morenetta, while not, technically a puerta cerrado, is essentially one, and it is truly incredible.
viernes only, prix fixe, knock yer socks off world class gourmet.
http://www.moreneta.com.ar/

I went to Cocina Sunae last night- expensive but for what it is, not really. (compared to dining at any dinky thai restaurant in the states and paying the same). WOW WOW WOW. The attention was also really great. Beautiful house and AMAZING food. But I waited week after week for the thai dishes that I like before going... check the website on Mondays and it updates for the upcoming weekend. Delish!!!!!

Not wanting to put a downer on things but I went to Concina Sunae a few months back and I thought it was pretty poor. The friend I was with ordered the pork and it was barely edible as it was so tough. I had vegetarian food though and it was pretty good but nothing special. The hosts are very friendly and provide very good service and there is a decent wine list. But as for the food, I don't understand why everyone was saying it was so good!

I´ll be honest, if i had forked out on a closed door dinner i would be sorely disappointed if there were kids there. I'd be looking for a fairly indulgent experience which wouldn't involve kids.

Kids and asados, absolutely..more the merrier, in my house, certainly, at the club, definitely, at a close door restaurant...horror!

Back