Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Cumaná (Recoleta)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Buen Agüero (Barrio Norte)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • La Antigua Cocina (Villa Urquiza)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
my vote goes to El Sanjuanino but I'm definitely biased since my apartment is right across the street :)

We were about to stop off at Burgio tonight and I vaguely remembered that there was a review on here of the place. Davidglen you had me in fits of laughter with your description.Thanks!
And on topic -any new best empanada places ?

We love 1810, on the corner of Guatemala and Julian Alvarez, best in town!
Nancy

Reactions: Hop
We are addicted to the empanadas at Giuiliano in Belgrano R (Elcano y Cramer)... their ricotta/ham/walnut empanada is to die for! The pizza is pretty good too, as are the salads.

I'm with the Sanjuanino crowd. I love La Querencia for their stews and comfort food but for empanadas I vote for El Sanjuanino!

Aleina Dee said:
We were about to stop off at Burgio tonight and I vaguely remembered that there was a review on here of the place. Davidglen you had me in fits of laughter with your description.Thanks!
And on topic -any new best empanada places ?

Ha ha always happy to make a fellow expat laugh (unfortunately there are less and less things to laugh about here in Argentina lately)
The best empanadas in my opinion are STILL La Americana (Av. Callao & Mitre) and El Sanjuanino, however I went to El Sanjuanino in Recoleta (I think it's on Posadas off Callao) a few weeks ago for dinner. I was shocked at the prices (we ate there) the empanadas were $9,50 each and the milanesa $50 pesos. I won't be going back there. La Americana are still $5,00 - $5,50 for empanadas. La Continental is good too, especially the chicken ones, they are careful to only put chicken meat in them, no chicken skin, bone fragments, giblets, etc. It's really gross to eat ANY empanada and get a weird slimy thing in the mouth when you take a bite, it kind of like giving your great grandma a kiss and then she slips you the tongue. Oh and I recently tried Cumen Cumen and the empanadas were very good, but small.

Davidglen77 said:
Ha ha always happy to make a fellow expat laugh (unfortunately there are less and less things to laugh about here in Argentina lately)
The best empanadas in my opinion are STILL La Americana (Av. Callao & Mitre) and El Sanjuanino, however I went to El Sanjuanino in Recoleta (I think it's on Posadas off Callao) a few weeks ago for dinner. I was shocked at the prices (we ate there) the empanadas were $9,50 each and the milanesa $50 pesos. I won't be going back there. La Americana are still $5,00 - $5,50 for empanadas. La Continental is good too, especially the chicken ones, they are careful to only put chicken mean in them, no chicken skin, bone fragments, giblets, etc. It's really gross to eat ANY empanada and get a weird slimy thing in the mouth when you take a bite, it kind of like giving your great grandma a kiss and then she slips you the tongue. Oh and I recently tried Cumen Cumen and the empanadas were very good, but small.
"I was shocked at the prices (we ate there) the empanadas were $9,50 each and the milanesa $50 pesos"

That IS Shocking!!!!!! Wow -- haven't been there in a while.

I've always liked the Pizza Bum on Las Heras at the corner of Uriburu. They have diced meat spicy empanadas that have such a good flavor. Their chicken empanadas are juicy and tasty too.

Las Molinas on Santa Fe (I can't remember the cross street - something around Junin before you get to Puerrydon as you move away from Microcentro) has good diced meat empanadas too, but not spicy. They're my second favorite.

TomAtAlki said:
We love 1810, on the corner of Guatemala and Julian Alvarez, best in town!
Nancy

I second 1810! Ham/ricotta with sugar on top, delish!

My bf and I used to be a big fan of Rugantino's in Caballito but lately their empas have been coming burned and sin onda. They used to make a killer cubana: mozza, panceta, and ciruela with sugar on top. Unfortunately, it's not worth the risk anymore.

Haven't had them in a while but I used to really like El Sanjuanino on Sanchez de Bustamante. Their empas were always full and juicy! Esp cebolla con queso. It's a shame I moved out of the area; I used to be a block away!

I could go on but my fat girl inside (and out :() is getting hungry!

Back