Best Internet service in BA?

nativexpat

Registered
Hi,

What internet service do you think is the most reliable and has the highest bandwith available in BA?

I am specially interested in the opinion of people working from BA with people overseas.

Thanks for the answers!

Saludos,

M

Is really nice, one problem so far in a month, required a call to service and it was fixed in a couple of hours.....

I frequently use Skype for Intl calling hours on end and get a crystal clear call 95% of the time.....

There is faster but this is the best value for the $$ IMHO. (bundled w/ cable for a good discount).

Not to mention the d/l speed is impressive .....;);)

There is faster but this is the best value for the $$ IMHO. (bundled w/ cable for a good discount).

ummpffffffff how much ????

We have fibertel at our home in BA, the fastest connection possible. My husband needs to log in into the server in the office in Europe, and it is much too slow. It is as good as impossible to work. It is very frustrating. In the BA office they work with another company (have to check which one) over the phone (no cable), and that one works fine.
We are going to change to another provider, we haven't decided which one yet. There is a thread on this forum with a lot of good information about different providers, maybe you could check there.

katti said:
We have fibertel at our home in BA, the fastest connection possible. My husband needs to log in into the server in the office in Europe, and it is much too slow. It is as good as impossible to work. It is very frustrating. In the BA office they work with another company (have to check which one) over the phone (no cable), and that one works fine.
We are going to change to another provider, we haven't decided which one yet. There is a thread on this forum with a lot of good information about different providers, maybe you could check there.

MY 3 Mega service is fine for live video, login to N.American servers etc etc... maybe your service is not performing up to its advertised speeds?

Neil said:
maybe your service is not performing up to its advertised speeds?

we checked and they said everything was fine. We have the highest speed and highest volume...

I have the 3 mega Fibertel service and it is adequate but not really very good probably because of the number of users sharing the service. Fibertel offers a 5 mega service for somewhat more money and it might be better for commericial needs although it may be too expensive for home use. I've tried telecentro before and it wasn't too bad but suffers the same overcrowding that Fibertel service exhibts.

Mike

I use fibertel and have been very pleased with it (work from home and am on overseas calls 24/7).

I had Arnet before & hated it, I had problems with it every other day.

Back