Best Methods Of Looking For Apartment (From Abroad)

Arronius

Registered
Hello. This isn't an ad, it's more of an advice question. I have my ticket and will be coming to live in Buenos Aires (arriving April 9). Woohoo! Need to find a place to stay before then though. Plan is to rent a room in a shared apartment (probably furnished) for a month or two while I get to know the city for a bit, and use that time after I arrive to look for a more permanent place. The more permanent place will probably also be a rented room in a shared apartment, but unfurnished so I can buy my own stuff and get more for my money (on rent). I would like to be paying in the range of 3000 pesos per month for both the temporary and permanent places. I am a single professional man looking for a middle class kind of experience. Not knowing the city from anything other than guide books, I would say Palermo sounds nice, perhaps Belgrano; and Villa Crespo, Almagro, and Caballito were mentioned by someone on this forum.

I have been looking online at www.compartodepto.com for the temporary place. What experiences have you guys had? Are there other sites I could be using? Any general or specific advice you can give will be helpful. Thanks.

Your best bet is to rent something beforehand for a couple of weeks, pay in advance, and then after you are here, find a place. It's common for people here to shaft you and then once you get here you have no recourse but to pay. Then when you get here you can shop around.

Hi,

I have a room available https://sites.google.com/site/bradleycosta/torrelasplazas/

I found mine on mercadolibre actually. Great thing is you can specify almost everything.

I found mine on mercadolibre actually. Great thing is you can specify almost everything.

This is very useful information, thanks!

But, knowing my fellow Californians (5th generation here, pre-Gold Rush family), I had to laugh out loud at "you can specify almost everything".

I was imagining - "Left-handed pan-sexual Wiccan vegan redhead Libra, seeking accomodations with extreme positive energy, away from all negativity, no television, dogs or microwave ovens. Handy access to local coven a must. Need off-street parking with solar or wind-powered charging facilities for my electric scooter. Unicorn-friendly environment a big plus!"

The really good thing is you can click on the map option and have all the listings shown on a map so you can look up the specific neighborhood you want and see whats for rent.

Back