Best place to find apartments/galeria shops for work

herkao12

Registered
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum so please feel free to point me in the right direction :)

I'm currently living in an apartment in Recoleta with my girlfriend and she usually works from home in our spare room there (beauty work). Our lease is up here in spring and she's starting to look for a new place to work from to try and expand her business. She's a bit stressed out because we've got a long trip coming before that and she wants to try have everything sorted out before that if possible although that'll be easier said than done. I'm trying to help out where I can but I'm not really sure what to look for - she wants something like a galeria shop or a 'working-apartment' (i.e. an apartment that's basically her work-place).

Does anybody have any advice for how to go about searching for something like this? Or even anything totally different that might be suitable too. Ideally the location would be either Recoleta/Retiro or else Boedo.

Thanks in advance!

See similar thread..."Looking for Guidance-Apt Hunting" initiated on March 29, 2018.

I posted....A "garantia" is required to rent an apt with a 2-yr lease. The tenant must have a DNI. Some owners will agree to exceptions if the tenant is willing to pay the equivalent of X months' rent in advance. Example...4 payments during the 24-month contract. Utilities: electricity, gas, water, cable/internet service are paid monthly in addition to the rent. The majority of these apts are unfurnished.

The alternative is a furnished short-term rental unit. Usually available for up to a 6-month period. The rent on short-term units can be paid in dollars or pesos and the utilities may be included, or not, in the contract.

Crema Americana posted....A garantia is basically collateral for renting an apartment. An asset (usually a house or apartment) that you or someone on your behalf puts up to guarantee you'll pay rent/expenses. You can also get one from a bank and there are lending/insurance companies that specialize in this.

A garantia is also required to lease a commercial shop. The terms and length of the contract may differ from those of a residential property. The law states that to work out of a residential apt where clients are coming and going, you must rent a unit in a bldg. which is zoned residential/commercial. I have encountered hairdressers who side step the law but usually they own the apt. Ultimately it's up to the bldg consortium (made up of other owners in the bldg) whether they object or not.

If you opt for leasing a commercial unit.....
The authorizations are the responsibility of the government of the City. The permits depend on the zoning and the items authorized to operate in said space. In the case of premises in a horizontal property, the co-ownership regulation, of which the unit is a part, must allow use for the business in question.

Some of the basic requirements that the municipality requests to initiate the process are:
• Commercial rental contract certified by public notary.
• The payment of the stamp tax that corresponds according to the contract.
• ABL Ballot.
• Local distribution plans.
• Proof of Registration in AFIP and Gross Income.
• Additional documentation, which is usually drawn up by the manager in charge of the procedure.

After the papers are presented in the municipality and having paid the fees, in a few days you can withdraw a provisional card of qualification that already allows to begin to work. The final authorization certificate could take between 30 and 60 days approximately, depending on how the procedures are processed by the City. Additional permits may also be trquired depending on the type of business.

Best of luck!

there is a category called apto-professional that is zoned for both live and work. Most usually end up just being offices, but there are a lot of them out there. There are tons of small storefronts for rent in Galerias all around Recoleta and microcento, but most dont have running water, which rules them out for salon work. Go see if anything is for rent in Patio Del Liceo.

Hi all, thanks for the tips and sorry for the late acknowledgement!

Back