Best Places To Live Outside Ba

Thuraya

Registered
Hey, what are some of the best places to live outside the city but within an hour or so of capital federal?

I'm dreaming of a place with trees, gardens, actual houses -- but I'm not really interested in closed or private neighborhoods, Ideally somewhere with a bit of local culture, popular with former city dwellers...

Places like San Isidro, Tigre are still a bit too cityish unless you can afford one of the huge houses with a garden - but that's outside my price range.

A friend of mine lives in a place called Villa Elisa, near La Plata, and it sounds nice. What's Ezeiza like? Are there any other hidden gems close enough to the city to commute, but far enough to smell clean air and hear the birds?

If you plan to commute every day it's not ADVISABLE at all...!!!! Otherwise I recommend places like San Pedro or Varadero on the River Parana edge, or Merdeces Acceso Oeste 100 kmts, or San Andres de Giles...!! To stay within 100 kmts.

El Remanso is in Km 70 north, is an open neighbourhood with all the characteristic of a closed neighbourhood. There are lots of houses, like quintas, with ZERO security measures, houses without rejas, without vigilance, 100% safe, everybody sleeps with the door opened, the keys in the car, etc. pretty quiet, and only 70kms from BsAs

El Remanso -- From what I recall this is Polo Country too. Is that the area being referenced here? Has that driven up the prices of the real estate in that area? Thanks. Walter

No, there is no Polo field, it appaears to be a country or closed neighbourhood, but its not, there are a lots of big casa-quintas, there is a mini super and there are football fields, but it is open and quiet. I was amazed of how secure it is.

There are boat services from Tigre to commute to Cap Fed and they are very nice and fast.

I'd also recommend Tigre. Besides the boat, it has good connections to the Panamericana and when there is no traffic you can get from Tigre to Capital in 20 minutes using either the Ramal Tigre or Ramal Escobar. There are dozens of residential neighborhoods throughout Tigre to choose from -- Country Club type (Nordelta, Santa Barbara, etc), Barrio Cerrado (closed neighborhoods, but no club house or golf course; these neighborhoods have minimal monthly expenses), or plain residential neighborhoods where there are lots available, but no extra security.

So, here's another vote for Tigre. Remember, I'm talking about the Partido de Tigre, not Tigre Centro, which is going to be too urban from what you've laid out in your original post.

I don't want to spoil the secret, but Lomas de Zamora is pretty nice for what you described!!!

Back