Best Resources to get Decent Accommodations in BA

mrster

Registered
Hello -

I will be in Buenos Aires from October 20 until December 20. What is the best way/resource to secure an apartment?

I am assuming that either Recoleta or Palermo are the best places to look? I would like a 'bohemian' feel to the area, (as long as it's safe) if anybody may have another area to suggest.

Thanks,
Glenn

if you want bohemian, San Telmo barrio may be for you...you can do a web search of www.giessopropiedades for some good ones in that area, or you can use the web sites for the whole city putting in san telmo as the barrio .....www.enbuenosaires.com h as the most listings....click on alquiler temporario for each site....

www.bytargentina.com is one that I used when I first arrived here, and they were very good. Craigslist sometimes has the occasional decent offering, as to www.soloduenos.com.ar and www.segundamano.com.ar. Take a look around the forum for other threads where people are getting recommendations for neighborhoods (aka barrios, most recently: what neighborhood should I live in) for a more comprehensive discussion of many barrios a new arrival to BA might choose and why. In my opinion, neither Recoleta or Palermo are "bohemian". San Telmo and Almagro are still safe but more in line with that description, but that's a pretty loose word that can be widely interpreted without knowing anything more about you or what you're looking for. Good luck!

I can recommend http://www.ba4uapartments.com.ar/ They are an agency that targets the Gay market, the apartments are very nice and the service was excellent.

I can also recommend http://www.bytargentina.com/ they have a better website where you can check which apartments are available. They are a large agency and have a larger selection and also have many cheap places, however the apartments are not as fancy.

Hi All -

Thanks for your responses. I found a decent place on Craigs List in Palermo - 540 sq ft, with washer at $1000 USD per month.

Any reason to believe this is a scam?

Thanks,
Glenn

50m2, 4000 pesos....

While its probably not the kind of scam you're thinking of.....

Is it through an agency? Where in Palermo? Any amenities besides the washer?

The price may be a bit high depending on the amenties/location or just about right. Average price for an average 1 BR in Palermo in high season will be 800 - 1100 USD per month. Luxury apts can be double that.

from our experiences:

bytargentina.com - has a wide range of apts. but customer service not super hot.
buenosairesstay.com - good website and some nice apts.
tmtargentina.com - less apts. but good customer service
craigslist - lots of apts. but not very easy to separate the MTVcribs from the crack dens.

Good Luck!

Senor Suitcase
www.senorsuitcase.com

Back