Best SIM card options for data?

skyway

Registered
Hi,

Just wondering what would be the best carrier/SIM card option for data only? I don't care about calls and texts as the SIM will only be used in a MiFi (small pocket size portable router). Are there any SIM cards that allow unlimited data and only require a minimal monthly top up?

Thanks.

With these packs you are able to call abroad? (outside of Argentina)

Last edited:
Nobody in Argentina actually uses the phone. They use whatsapp. So the calling in whatsapp works because it uses data. You can make phone calls to the USA with prepago but it charges you by the minute. It works well for calls you know are going to be 5 to 10 min. If you need to call United Airlines and you anticipate being on hold for an hour you're better off using skype or someone service.

I’ve been using Claro prepaid packs all week for working remotely as my Airbnb wifi doesn’t yet work, but I can now no longer top up my balance or buy any more packs, with Claro saying:

“Este pago superaría el límite establecido por Claro”

Is there any way around this? Why is there even a limit? I don’t really understand. Is there anywhere I can get another SIM card without having a DNI?

I’ve been using Claro prepaid packs all week for working remotely as my Airbnb wifi doesn’t yet work, but I can now no longer top up my balance or buy any more packs, with Claro saying:

Is there any way around this? Why is there even a limit? I don’t really understand. Is there anywhere I can get another SIM card without having a DNI?
You can get a SIM card from Personal pretty easily, I went to the store at Abasto Shopping, Avenida Corrientes

Go get another sim.

Is there any way around this? Why is there even a limit? I don’t really understand. Is there anywhere I can get another SIM card without having a DNI
Go get another sim.
Yeah, I'd second this. I keep two Claro SIMs on the go for this exact reason.

Back