Best way to go about finding job with visa sponsorship for bilingual native English speaker?

Fdipo

Registered
The pay isn't very important as long as there's a 1+ year visa attached to it, as I have lots of savings. I'm mainly interested in making sure I am here legally.

English teaching, translation, whatever, I'd be happy with it all.

Are there any job agencies I could work with? It seems that there's not much available on the online job portals. I am university educated (largely an irrelevant field though, History+Spanish majors), speak fluent Spanish and native English. My previous field was freelance writing, which is good for income but is insufficient to secure me a visa.

Alternatively, would I have success just cold dropping my resume in a bunch of English schools?

Thanks for the tips :)

Try it. Be resourceful. In the end you are the one who has to do the legwork.

Thanks for the link! I'm aware of the present crisis and my expectations are very low in terms of pay, I can freelance for my living money, I'd probably accept like $3 USD an hour if it meant I got a visa lol.

Why Would an Institute with a teacher Surplus at the moment sponsor someone???

I'm surprised there aren't businesses that let foreigners (wanting residency) pay them to turn around and "hire" you and pay you in pesos (taking their cut, of course). Is there a law against that?

The crisis aside, companies don't like sponsoring foreigners because of the extra costs/taxes implied. Argentine professionals tend to be well-educated and are motivated enough to meet the low standards of the work culture. Hiring foreigners is not that advantageous.

Most people get sponsored because they were brought here via a foreign multinational company or because they have some special skill that's hard to find. (That should give you a clue as to where to start looking)

It's definitely not impossible. People do get sponsored. But honestly, it's probably easier to find love and get married than find a visa sponsor.

But honestly, it's probably easier to find love and get married than find a visa sponsor.

I love the honesty, haha. I do have other options - I might do a history master's at UBA for example while just freelancing to pay my my living costs.

Back