Best way to obtain pesos out of GBP?

cbbsas

Registered
Usually I use transferwise to send my boyfriend pesos and that's how I extract them, but is there a better way? Please can only UK people/GBP earners respond, I'm acutely aware that people from the US have great luck with WU but it has never worked for me at all.

Usually I use transferwise to send my boyfriend pesos and that's how I extract them, but is there a better way? Please can only UK people/GBP earners respond, I'm acutely aware that people from the US have great luck with WU but it has never worked for me at all.
I set up a WU account using my UK address and registered my UK Debit Card with them. I then sent money as a gift to my other half who picked up the cash from the local Pago Facil. All she needed was her DNI and the WU reference number. I know it worked because I went with her to the pick-up. The rate was very good: more-or-less equivalent to the rate WU were paying out against USD and, to be honest, seeing how little they valued her peso made her rather sad. No very large sums were involved. The last time we did this was around October last year.

Back