Big news-New Zona de Seguridad Resolution

soulskier

Registered
Fresh of the press, there is a new resolution to the previous "Zona de Seguridad".

For those that don't know about it, previously anywhere within about 100km of the border was subject to a long process to get title in the foreigners name.

With the new resolution, it appears that has just become a more automatic process for foreigners.

For more info and to download the resolution in Spanish, go to http://livinginpatagonia.com/?p=1912

I'm not following.

soulskier said:
With the new resolution, it appears that has just become a more automatic process for foreigners.

Does this have to do with extranjeros buying property?

Napoleon said:
I'm not following.

Does this have to do with extranjeros buying property?

Yes. Apparently if the property meets the criteria, you no longer have to wait for the long process of getting approval, it is automatic. I'll post more details as they become available.

I'm surprise this topic hasn't gotten more play. Not even from Stanley and his thoughts.

Hey soulskier, you bought proerty within 100 k of Chile. Dod you have problems with this?

MN, I have bought in both Los Molles (Mendoza province) and Bariloche frontier zones. Like everything in Argentina, it is doable but requires patience. This new resolution appears to be making things easier for us extranjeros.

Back