Bikers Delivering Clothes To Children, Villa Paranacito

Gringoboy

Registered
Great trip up to Villa Paranacito, Entre Rios to deliver our bags of winter clothes for poor kids.
In the end there were about 50 bikers all fully loaded with clothes and other stuff, which I'm sure will be appreciated by many.
Not to mention it was a great day out on the bike.

Rather sad that of all threads, this one gets no love.

How many more of the bikers were foreign?

Did you coordinate with an organisation up there, or drop off at a church or what? Tell us more!

There was one other foreigner there, an Indian from Calcutta who runs a bike repair shop.Oddly enough, his English was worse than his Spanish.
A member of a biker group organised the donation through the tourist office at Villa Paranacito, which is the small wooden hut in the second photo with the green roof. It's an annual event and pretty low key with no welcome committee or fanfares. The tourism lady handed out cakes to all of us, which was a very nice gesture.
One would have thought the mayor could have turned out, but that wasn't really the point.
The town is well off the beaten track and the main road is sand and gravel. Almost the definition of a one horse town of which there were a few and plenty of stray dogs seeking love and attention.
I didn't see any poor children.

Thank you for sharing with the children, and with us. Let us know next time if we can help the kids at Villa Paranacito.

I went to Villa Paranacito twice, actually to a camping in the road to Villa Paranacito. The place is great, really, especially in the summer where you can swim in V. Paranacito river. There, as in every corner of Entre Rios province, you can find huge german immigration from the beginning of the century (in fact, the camping where I went is called Grünewlad, or something like that).

I strongly recommend to go to Ms. Grünewald camping in summer, you can have a great asado, get into the river and even theres a store to buy goods. All, only 150 kms from BsAs.

Back