Birth Certificate Needed For Work Visa?

ba_adventurer

Registered
For those of you from the U.S. or No MERCOSUR countries, did you have to obtain a copy of your birth certificate in order to apply for a work visa while in Argentina? This website does not mention that as a requirement, http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?nomercosur_temporaria but I've heard conflicting information about what is needed when applying for a work visa while in Argentina, so I just wanted to make sure.

Suggest contacting Bajo_cero on this Board for help.

There are 2 options:
  • an attorney that can handle your case for thousands of US$
  • A gal known to this Forum that goes with you to Inmigration and charges US$200 per visit

I didn't need my birth cert- I got it translated and apostilled just in case and it wasn't need. That was December. I just needed police report from the UK, translated, police report from here, employment contract, original/copy of original dni of my employer, and proof of my address here which you get for 10 pesos at your local police station- no actual proof needed. hope this helps.

There are 2 options:
  • an attorney that can handle your case for thousands of US$
  • A gal known to this Forum that goes with you to Inmigration and charges US$200 per visit

Actually, Patricia charges a flat rate of $200 dollars and will go with you two or three times if necessary (until your precaria is granted or denied).

She is not a lawyer or a gestor. She is from Uruguay, has live in BA for over 15 years and speaks very good English...and she is very nice. She will make sure you have all the docs you need and, most importantly, will be able to answer questions you might not be able to. I know this from experience.

As much as I would like to send business her way, I think the company who wants to hire you might have to "apply" for the visa on you behalf. Of course you will have to go to migraciones in person. Your future employer may or may not be willing to send someone with you.

If anyone else reading this would like Patricia's contact info, just send me a PM.

To the individual asking the question about the birth certificate, I hope you already have found the job and the employer is registered with migraciones to employ foreigners. It is fairly common for newbies here to think they can apply for a work visa and then go job hunting,

It just does'nt work that way.

And the answer is no, you do not need the birth certificate. :)

I didn't need my birth cert- I got it translated and apostilled just in case and it wasn't need. That was December. I just needed police report from the UK, translated, police report from here, employment contract, original/copy of original dni of my employer, and proof of my address here which you get for 10 pesos at your local police station- no actual proof needed. hope this helps.

Great, thanks for the response!

Back