Birth Control Pills - Names of Medication

therealsupa

Registered
I've had a good look through the forums, looking for some BCP info as i'm looking to head over to get some BCP tonight when the shops open back up.

Could all the ladies please post the names of the BCP they use? I have seen a few people on here use Yasmin, i'd like to stay clear if possible.

I figure it will be easier to get a script without a doctors note if i have the name written down, and would appreciate to know some other options besides Yas.

Thanks very much.

ALELI • Laboratorios Bernabó
BIOFEM • Biotenk
CUIDAFEM • Laboratorios Bernabó
FEMIANE • Bayer (BSP)
GINELEA • Elea
GINELEA MD • Elea
GINELEA MD 28 • Elea
GINELEA T • Elea
GYNOVIN • Bayer (BSP)
HARMONET • Wyeth CP
LIVIANNE • Bagó
LIVIANNE 28 • Bagó
MINESSE • Wyeth CP
MIRELLE • Bayer (BSP)
SECRET 28 • Elea
VENISSE • Bagó

Here I've only used Yasmin and Yaz. I tried showing some pharmacists my old BCP, and in return they ended up giving me some menopausal pills... Eek. But still, you could try looking at the specific combination of your current pill and seeing if the pharmacy has an equivalent. Best of luck.

I've used Yasmin, Yaz (awful!) and Femiane. Never had a prescription. I got fed up with all of them and just got a copper IUD.

mcaffa said:
I've used Yasmin, Yaz (awful!) and Femiane. Never had a prescription. I got fed up with all of them and just got a copper IUD.
How is the IUD working for you? I gave up on Yasmin and Yaz as well, since it was just too much for me.

And in case the OP is wondering about prices (I know you don't want Yasmin/Yaz, but maybe it'll give you an idea about the general prices): Yasmin (earlier in 2010) was around 60 pesos/pack, and Yaz 80 pesos/pack without prescriptions.

does anyone know if the above posted by Roxanne are equivalent to ortho-tricyclen?
thanks!

I wrote a large reply and suddenly my iPod ran-out of battery and lost it.

If you have ANY social or prepaid healthcare the MUST PROVIDE YOU for free up to 2 boxes per month ( my sister received 5 five boxes!!)

You gynecologist ( you should have...?) can give you 1,2 or three one-month "sample"

At last; in any public hospital or proximity neighbor healthcenter ( called c.e.s.a.c) must give you it for free

DamiAn ( well informed; boy)

Ortho tricyclen has Norgestimate and ethinylestradiol, instead the ones in the list I posted have gestodeno and ethinylestradiol

azure said:
How is the IUD working for you? I gave up on Yasmin and Yaz as well, since it was just too much for me.

I've had the IUD in for a year and it is working out just fine. The first couple of months I experienced a great deal of cramping, some minor weight loss (from coming off the pill, I suppose) and started to have some problems with acne (I never had acne problems before). Now my body seems to have adjusted to the IUD. I just need to put benzoyl peroxide on my face every night and take zinc pills.

I should mention that the actual insertion was not fun. Very painful, in fact. I was in agony for the rest of the day. If you decide to get one put in, take some pain killers before and after the procedure and plan to take a taxi home.

The IUD cost me US$150 - the Hospital Aleman doesn't cover it.

I think you can buy most brands of birth control here and none of them require a prescription. If you take the box you currently use or download the info about a brand that's worked for you in the past, the pharmacist should be able to find it without problems or at least give you a local alternative (with same/similar hormone levels).
Alternatively, there are several posts here on English-speaking gynos who I'm sure could point you in the right direction so that you don't have to spend the next few months experimenting!

Back