Birth Control question

jamila

Registered
I am moving to Buenos Aires in September & I plan on getting on one of the local health care plans. But I currently use the nuvaring as my birth control method.. I really love it.. but i thought i read on another thread or maybe a blog that it wasn't available in Argentina.

has any one seen it available? If so how much is it? ( it's expensive here in the US - no generic)

If not.. should i ask my doctor for an alternative now or should I wait and get a prescription from a local doctor?

I used that when I moved here but ended up switching to the Evra patches because in Bariloche I just couldn't find the ring. You won't need a prescrition here and for example the patches cost me 100 pesos yesterday ( a couple months ago they were 80). In the states without insurance it was more than $50.

Nuvaring is available in Buenos Aires and you don't need a prescription.

You have to shop around, prices vary from pharmacy to pharmacy.
Last month I paid 116 pesos at "Farmacia ABC".

thank you everyone for responding. I am glad to hear that it is available and even happier to hear that it is affordable! The US is sooo backwards on this issue.

Birth control is free by law as long as you have healthcare.

Osde covers nuvaring. Last time I checked it was about 170 pesos and if your healthcare does not cover it then you get at least 40% discount with a prescription

But try to find how to get BC for free as it is the law in Argentina

Back