Birth Control

Kraeall

Registered
I have had one major health concern with relocating my life to Buenos Aires--finding birth control

The last time I lived in Argentina for about a year I had Nexplanon, the birth control implant. I am unaware if this is available in Argentina and even more how to obtain any form of BC!

Any females familiar with long-term contraceptives in Bs As? If not, what type of BC do you use and how do you buy it?

thanks!!

I have had one major health concern with relocating my life to Buenos Aires--finding birth control(...)
. I am unaware if this is available in Argentina and even more how to obtain any form of BC!

Condoms are widely available in retail stores all over Argentina, so you should not fear not being able to "obtain any form of birth control".

Subdermal birth control implants are available as are IUDs, vaginal rings, hormone based pills, and as camberiu pointed out condoms.

See doctor for more details (oral contraceptives you can buy with out a prescription, probably not so with the implants but I'm not any kind of expert).

If you have experience using Nuva Ring, you can buy it over the counter in a lot of pharmacies. Last year the price was up to $230 (June), but I have since got an IUD, so I haven't asked in a while.

You can also get condoms (male & female in some places - but it's been a while since I've seen any), pills and the depo shot (need to see a doctor for that one).

You can also get the copper IUD (not sure about Mirena, as I never asked).

Have also heard rumors about Nexplanon (called "implante subcutaneo") making it here, but I never asked about it either.

Good luck!

Is the price in USD or in ARS for the Nuva Ring? I would like to stick with the implant if possible and unfortunately I will not be able to get my current implant taken out until January 2017 when the 3 years is up. However, at that time I will be in Argentina. I am hoping that I can get it taken out there at least and hopefully get a new one.

Is the price in USD or in ARS for the Nuva Ring? I would like to stick with the implant if possible and unfortunately I will not be able to get my current implant taken out until January 2017 when the 3 years is up. However, at that time I will be in Argentina. I am hoping that I can get it taken out there at least and hopefully get a new one.

the price would be in pesos. So even though they are one of the most expensive birth control options in BA they are not that much... compared to how much they used to cost in the US. Also you can get both types of IUD's

Back