Blood Work

Jerbo

Registered
Hi All,

My doctor wants me to get blood work done. For iron level specifically, but the general battery of tests would also be useful.

Is there a LabCorp type of facility in Buenos Aires? A business that one can go to and get a blood test that measures for levels of various health indicators?

Thanks.

I always go to Laboratorios Christot
Thames 2452 near Plaza Italia between Santa Fe and Guemes Tel 4774 5900
I go with a doctor's order and have insurance so I have no idea how much it costs without it.
I have always done all of my blood and urine tests there.
Hope that helps and good luck
Esteban

Laboratorio de Medicina, Coronel Diaz 1967 across from Starbucks Alto Palermo.All urine and Blood tests results next day, online on web page. Costs about $150 pesos for simple tests... !.

www. labmedicina.com

Laboratorio de Medicina, Coronel Diaz 1967 across from Starbucks Alto Palermo.All urine and Blood tests results next day, online on web page. Costs about $150 pesos for simple tests... !.

www. labmedicina.com
Is a doctor's order needed for that place?

Doctors order is needed for any kind of blood work or lab test.

You just can not walk to a lab and tell them to do randome blood work on you.

Doctors order is needed for any kind of blood work or lab test.

You just can not walk to a lab and tell them to do randome blood work on you.

Before i had a medical plan I used to get my blood checked at a lab in Boyaca in Flores . No doctors order . I just paid the cash and they were happy

Centro Diagnóstico Rossi http://www.cdrossi.com/
You might need a doctor's order indicating the battery of tests needed

To get a blood test in Argentina, a profile on Iron for instance, you need a recipe with the signature and data from a medical doctor with a valid medical license in this country. I assume you have a medical doctor here, a generalist is called "medico clinico", who can write the order after seeing you at his or her medical office. A good chain of labs in town is centralab (www.centralab.com.ar) where you may give your doctor´s email and the lab will send a copy of the results of your tests with your agreement.

I took Rich One's suggestion and went to Laboratorios de Medicina.

It was easy, efficient and quick. Cost was cheap compared to the US.

Results were available online in 30 hours.

No doctor's order needed. But I had to tell them exactly what tests I needed. I was not sure exactly how to say "Total iron binding capacity" in castellano, but the girl knew exactly what I was talking about.

An excellent experience.

Back