Blue dollar exchange in Recoleta

Reinaldo

Registered
I have friends visiting Buenos Aires next February. They will likely stay in a hotel located near Ayacucho and Posadas. Does anyone know of a place near there where they can exchange dollars for pesos at the unofficial rate?

I have friends visiting Buenos Aires next February. They will likely stay in a hotel located near Ayacucho and Posadas. Does anyone know of a place near there where they can exchange dollars for pesos at the unofficial rate?
There's a pago fácil on Santa Fe at Ayacucho that also exchange money at very close to the blue rate. No shady back rooms like on Florida. I realize it's on Santa Fe, but that's part of the reason it feels pretty safe to me, there are always lots of people around.

There's a pago fácil on Santa Fe at Ayacucho that also exchange money at very close to the blue rate. No shady back rooms like on Florida. I realize it's on Santa Fe, but that's part of the reason it feels pretty safe to me, there are always lots of people around.
I had no idea that one could exchange dollars for pesos at a Pago Fácil, much less that you could get a close-to-the blue dollar rate. Thank you for your tip. I will pass that on to my friends. In the meantime, I would still be interested in getting recommendations for a couple of more options. My friends have never been to Buenos Aires before. I already told them that, whatever they do, DON'T exchange dollars with those sketchy hawkers on Florida. I'm not in Buenos Aires right now. If I were, I'd try to find something for them myself. I appreciate any help.

I had no idea that one could exchange dollars for pesos at a Pago Fácil, much less that you could get a close-to-the blue dollar rate. Thank you for your tip. I will pass that on to my friends. In the meantime, I would still be interested in getting recommendations for a couple of more options. My friends have never been to Buenos Aires before. I already told them that, whatever they do, DON'T exchange dollars with those sketchy hawkers on Florida. I'm not in Buenos Aires right now. If I were, I'd try to find something for them myself. I appreciate any help.
I've recently exchanged there a rate of 175 and 180.

Do the money changers on Florida rob people?

you run the risk of getting scammed with counterfeit bills

Do the money changers on Florida rob people?
In my experience they take you to an office which is off the street. I've never had a bad experience, but it always seems a little sketchy maybe.

Back