Blue dollar in freefall - why?

Does anyone know? Went from 187 two weeks ago, to 146 today.
There are more sellers (supply) than buyers (demand). Why there are more sellers than buyers no one will be able to tell you - there are too many factors involved in a market that is not transparent at all.

Supply and demand I know about - what I don't know is why all of a sudden there is such an abundance of sellers. What's going on?

This is what ambito speculates:

La racha negativa se explica por varios factores: la intervención oficial en los mercados de los dólares financieros, las alternativas de inversión que esta ofreciendo el Gobierno mediante la licitación de títulos en pesos atados a la evolución del tipo de cambio oficial (conocidos como bonos dólar linked) y señales fiscales y monetarias, tales como el ajuste en los Adelantos Transitorios desde el Banco Central al Tesoro, por lo menos hasta diciembre, o el crecimiento real de la recaudación en los últimos dos meses.

I actually believe, its good for the country and for everyone.

The freefall was terrible.

If it can go back to 100, even better.

I have spent lot of time in Venezuela between 2013-2018 - It was not pretty. And now every business transaction is done in USD there..and everything is v v v expensive.

They're selling dollar linked bonds. People are buying them because it's the only thing tied to the dollar. What else are you going to do with your pesos?

the other thing is- normally, this time of year, the dollar goes up, because everybody wants dollars for their vacations- but nobody can afford a vacation this year. And also, companies that actually need dollars, to buy inventory abroad, or parts, are buying fewer dollars, because the economy is so slow. 2 more instances of less demand.

Two weeks ago, the government raided several cuevas here downtown. I posted the video. Now they're manipulating ferociously to get the Blue down as far as they can. Why? Because they are about to start another round of negotiations with the IMF.

In my opinion, the demand is being fiercely suppressed by temporary measures that cannot last. I expect it to shoot right back up again before the end of the year.

I noticed foreigners ( on here and elsewhere too) are not liking the correction versus dollar. They can't wait for the peso to fall again. Its a very poor approach. They are thinking of how their rent is becoming cheaper, without realizing, falling pesos will eventually F*&k everyone - first the poor ; then the rich, and then the tourists with USD.

Back