BOCA Game Question

RBeek

Registered
A friend an I were thinking of going to the BOCA v Tigre game today at 4pm and I have some logistical questions if anyone can help me.

• Can we buy tickets at the stadium? Is there a specific line to look for?
  • What would be a reasonable section to sit in? Two guys, we are not looking for the cheapest seats but don't need top shelf. Reasonably safe.
  • Price?
  • Take subte or taxi to the game?
  • How early should we get there?
Thanks a ton for any advice. Yes we know to dress down, wear home team colors, and give the barra bravas wide berth. ;-)

Thanks (again),

Rob

1) All Boca HOME games sell out in advance. You might be able to buy tickets from a scalper. They might even be real tickets.

2) You sit where you can actually find someone to sell you a ticket that works in the turnstile. The good seats won't be for sale on the street.

3) Face value is AR$40-AR$50 for the cheapest seats, so expect to pay around AR$200-AR$300 for the ticket if you can actually find one. Maybe a little less if it's counterfeit.

4) Subtes don't go to La Boca. You either take the 29, 64, 152 or something else bus, or you take a taxi.

5) You should have been there about 1-2 hours ago. For Boca games, with ticket in hand, you need to arrive OVER AN HOUR BEFORE if you want to be allowed in the stadium. Otherwise you have to wait while the wealthy people go into the stadium the last 60 minutes or so before kickoff. They'll let you get in sometime in the middle of the 1st half to halftime. (Or at least that was my experience for a mid-week Copa Libertadores match back in '08.)

WHAT TO WEAR:

Just don't wear Red today.

WHAT TO DRINK:

Remember that alcohol isn't sold in the stadium, or within 1 kilometer of the stadium.

Really, it's too late for this post to even help you, but it might help for next time.

Napoleon said:
2) You sit where you can actually find someone to sell you a ticket that works in the turnstile. The good seats won't be for sale on the street.

That is simply not true. Some of the scalpers sell platea tickets too.

3) Face value is AR$40-AR$50 for the cheapest seats, so expect to pay around AR$200-AR$300 for the ticket if you can actually find one. Maybe a little less if it's counterfeit.

Bargain with them. You should be able to buy a popular for under 100 peso.

5)(Or at least that was my experience for a mid-week Copa Libertadores match back in '08.)

I havent experienced anything like that, not even at Boca games.

WHAT TO WEAR:

Just don't wear Red/Blue today.

Yeah, leave your FC Barcelona jersey at home ;)

Did you end up making it to the game? If you did, care to share your experience getting tickets?

How about Copa America? Anyone thinking about trying to see a few games? Any advice on getting tickets?

Thanks for the info and I recognize that this was a last minute request. Spur of the moment decisions. We did go down and had a great time wandering the streets around the stadium and eating street food.

No we didn't get in. Many offers of tickets but all appeared sketchy. Talked to some german expats that got burned with fake tickets. So we watched the game with locals outside the stadium and will plan further in advance for another week. Not at all dangerous .. as long as you use some common sense. I still wouldn't buy "popular" tickets.

Went to a Hurucan game a few years ago and that seemed far more ... gritty.

Thanks for the advice!

Rob

AndrewWoodward said:
How about Copa America? Anyone thinking about trying to see a few games? Any advice on getting tickets?

I think only the final of Copa America will be played in BA...I'd say good luck getting tickets to that, even if Argentina don't make it.

3 or 4 games will be at the new stadium in La Plata.

The schedule is posted on the official website and wikipedia.

Nick0518 said:
I think only the final of Copa America will be played in BA...I'd say good luck getting tickets to that, even if Argentina don't make it.

3 or 4 games will be at the new stadium in La Plata.

The schedule is posted on the official website and wikipedia.

Wow, you're right. I didn't know that. Interesting...

Back